Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Footwells v.damp - any lasting damaged once dried?

Not sure if this should be in 'interiors' or here. sorry!

Heater Matrix blew sending alot of water(?) into passenger/rear passenger footwells.

I've mopped up most it now, but it was fairly bad, I was wondering is there any lasting damage being done?

Rust etc.

Also, this might sound a bit dumb, but the amount of liquid involved in the flooding i can't imagine equals what was in the Expansion Tank (which was completely emptied)

maybe my Expansion tank is bigger then yours :lol: :lol:

i had a leak, well say had its now reappeared. int he passenger footwell, i took the carpet and seats out, let it dry out cleaned it hoovered it cleaned it again etc. only thing will say is that once the underfloor foam/pads or whatever they are get wet they dont smell too good!!

get your carpets out and dry them off...

shouldnt be any lasting damage,put a fan heater in car,dry out completely,presume you've taken the carpet up and dried that also with all the underlay etc.wet footwells are not unheard of in corrado world,if you are still worried waxoyl or use some rust inhibitor on the floorpan.the cooling system doesnt just comprise of a litre of water in an expansion tank..you've emptied the entire contents of the rad,pipes,matrix etc.