Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

New coilies - now what else??

Hi All,

I have had a look through the proper suspension thread & from what I can see I cant find the answer im after.......

Before I book the car in I wanted to get hold of any parts which could do with changing 'while im at it' Top mounts etc??

My coilies are H&R RSS so fair stiff. I hoped to gain some advise on what, if any, aftermarket bits (ie polly bushes) would go better/ last longer with this sort of setup. Wondered if the stiffer setup would sh8g standard stuff for example :?

If anyone could rattle off a comprehensive shopping list then that would be ace as im not really up on whats what.........

Cheers all......

you could always drop double-6s on here a pm as he used to run the same Coilies on his VR Rado, i'm having his old set fitted to mine very very shortly i'm running std VAG top-mounts & bushes all round but they're less than 3000 miles old so i can let you know in a few weeks how it all works together!

regards Alex.

Hi All,

I have had a look through the proper suspension thread & from what I can see I cant find the answer im after.......

Before I book the car in I wanted to get hold of any parts which could do with changing 'while im at it' Top mounts etc??

My coilies are H&R RSS so fair stiff. I hoped to gain some advise on what, if any, aftermarket bits (ie polly bushes) would go better/ last longer with this sort of setup. Wondered if the stiffer setup would sh8g standard stuff for example :?

If anyone could rattle off a comprehensive shopping list then that would be ace as im not really up on whats what.........

Cheers all......

Nice 1 Alex 8)

Cheers for the heads up, its prob just the info/ contacts I need. Why is he selling, any idea?? I saw his post on the suspenders thread & he seemed to love em. & please do let me know how you find the package of RSSs & VAG bushes, top mounts etc....

Again cheers muchly :thumbleft:

G Werks so a full set of top mounts (something a main dealer seems unable to do!). Would definately recommend doing this if you're doing the swap

No problem glad it was of some help, think Will (double-6's) just decided he wanted a change so he's gone for an Alfa 156 3.2 GTA now and broken his Rado (most of the performance parts are still rattling round on the forum though where a lot of the members on here snapped them up), i'm 100% sure he did'nt have any issues with the suspension other than its hard as hell, but he always loved the handling aspects that it gave the car!

can't wait to get them fitted i'll let you know how it goes as soon as they're on! :)

:)

Nice 1 Alex 8)

Cheers for the heads up, its prob just the info/ contacts I need. Why is he selling, any idea?? I saw his post on the suspenders thread & he seemed to love em. & please do let me know how you find the package of RSSs & VAG bushes, top mounts etc....

Again cheers muchly :thumbleft:

decided he wanted a change so he's gone for an Alfa 156 3.2 GTA now

Think he will come back to 'rado's?? :lol: It seems they are addictive!

Thanks again & cheers mark-storm. I hear good things of G werks.....