Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

My mint Corrado VR6

I discovered I was moving to Germany, so I decided to get rid of my current toy - namely a Renault 5 GT Turbo (PhaseII) with 53k miles, grab another couple of grand and together with the R5 sale set about finding me a mint example of a Corrado VR6. :D

I found one in September (ya, I've been that lazy with the photos!) with 63k miles in Derby with full VW service history and have imported it here to Germany. I must be one of the few Corrado owners, who uses the full power (i.e speed) of the 2.9 V6 engine, most days and legally. Its all about driving on the authobahn chaps 8)

Since owning it I've added a JVC mp3/CD/digital radio, BFG numberplates and LHD headlights.

Anyway, here is the car...

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010011.jpg

Looks lovely! :)

Hope you don't get lynched by any local dubbers for having the steering wheel on the wrong side? ;)

Tidy, you must be the only person to swap to the angel eye set up and not moan about them been made wrong.

Nice one matey. Forces, hey? Seems to be quite a few of us forces guys on here. :D

I was only thinking of LHD lights the other day, for the time when/if I get sent abroad. Did you look into getting standard LHD lights for the car, or did you decide on Angel Eyes from the start. Tbh, the Angel Eyes are not really to my taste, which is why I ask.

Cheers...

I checked with my mates who work at VW in the UK, before I left and they cost megabucks for RHD, it didn't appear you could get LHD ones in the UK easily.

The cost of living in Germany is far cheaper than that of the UK...with the total exception of anything to do with cars.*

My car insurance, for example, jumped from £550 fully comp (my wifes crash 2 years+ ago and my 5 points - declared) to €1800 (about £1300) and the Germans don't give a shit about my points or my wifes crash, despite me telling them. Insurance was so much that I'm forced currently - with new flat! - to be insured 3rd party!!!

So, to cut a long story short...I didn't even bother asking VW in Germany about headlights - plus, as you're HM Forces I'm sure you are partly aware of just how f***ing bent the BFG process is when it comes to my car...so time was of the essence - hence finding the only company in Germany that seems to make headlights for the Corrado and buying them.

If you were getting posted overseas and had a decent amount of notice beforehand, then get some 2nd hand ones of eBay!! People make a mint selling headlights over here, as it seems to be standard Army issue to get a tax free car over here (namely Focus/Fiesta ST's or Astra VXR's) and you have to buy LHD headlights by German law.

*not including my 20% discount as I'm not subject to German taxes

nice i like it ! :) and i have taken my rado on a german autobhan many times and its great !!!! 8) your very lucky todo that evry day..

the car needs to go lower tho my friend... :D

A few peeps have mentioned to lower my Corrado...well, I don't need any kind of adjustible suspension, so what kind of suspension 'kit' do I need to buy/how much will it cost etc etc

Cheers. :D

especially given that you're in germany some weitec or kw v1 coilovers would do very nicely.. :) car looks very tasty btw.