Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Couple of questions for you all

Did a oil & filter change yesterday, Had the car jacked up on axle stands so i could get at the sump and started the engine to warm the oil up before draining and as one of the wheels wasn`t touching the ground it started rotating! This is with the car in neutral, is this normal? or is the clutch dragging?

If you stopped the wheel by hand it wouldn`t start spinning again. Just slighty worried that the clutch might be on its way out :-(

Second question is for all those people with Audi VDO gauges, Do you need the audi oil temperature sender, because i went to get one for an Audi and the guy was relunctant to sell me one because it was going on to a G60 and they hadn`t had an order for one in 2years? So i got a Corrado one which is the same temp range but the oil temp goes all the way up to 130` in traffic but if you connect the MFA one it only reads just over 100`

Any suggestions

Thanks

Ian

It's just drag in the box causing this, perfectly normal, nothing to worry about.

The input shaft will be turning in the box with the car in nuetral, nowt to do with the clutch.

take the g60 sender with you when you order the audi sensor from the dealer so you can see if the threads are the same size b4 u buy.

If you want to buy an audi sender to put in your g60 thats your business.Can't see why they would be reluctant to sell?!!

Anyway..

You need the correct sender for the guage.