Sign in to follow this  
NjA666

Sunroof Seal............

Hopefuly somebody will be able to help with this...........

A while ago I had the rado completely re-sprayed. Ever since this there has been a noise and draft at high speed. If I tilt the sunroof slightly this quietens it a little but when fully closed it is extremely annoying!

I am guessing this is something to do with the sunroof seal and could really do with some advice on how to rectify this?????

It is also worth mentioning that a small 'L' shaped piece of metal 'fell' out of the sunroof from between the lining and the actual metal lid of the sunroof. I have not got a clue where this goes, but I am guessing it won't be helping. Kinda looks like some sort of clip.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neil.

when they did the respray, i'm guessing that they removed all the sunroof and working parts in order to do the roof panels properly. When they put the roof back in it is held onto the mechanism by four bolts, these are slightly adjustable for height and front/back movement so u can fit the roof exactly. They probably did not take the time to do this properly. If u want to do it u need t remove the headlining and take the cassette mech out, and then take the sunroof lining out and undo the four bolts that hold the roof panel in place, shuffle the panel forward and then tighten and put everything back. This should sort it. If it doesnt then the have fucked up the alignment of the motor with the mechanism and that is a bit more difficult to sort out.

Have a look at this if need be:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 19&t=61911

Tim