Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Parents want me to sell

My parents keep attempting to convince me to sell the rado. Its a tornado red 1990 1.8 16v. It cost me £1800, and ive spent over £2000 on it in the 14 months ive owned it. But for this money its had the front wing and roof dent repaired, the engine has been fully rebuilt, and the entire brake system has been replaced.

The latest thing to go was the oil pump, which cost £150 to sort. Since then they keep telling me to sell it and buy a 'normal' car. My mum keeps telling me about people that are selling their 1.4 Fiestas etc and keeps telling them im interested, when im clearly not.

They dont seem to understand that the more i replace the less things can go wrong. The engine is SOLID, the whole braking system is brand new, ive had new front seats in and replaced various trim too. The only thing that needs sorting is the paintwork. I've told them that the only way i would sell it would be to buy a G60/VR6. And when ive sold it (would get around £1500) and then spent a futher £3.5k towards a decent VR6 i'd rather turbo the existing lump, IF i wanted the extra power a vr6 would offer.

Essentially, why dont they understand that you cannot possibly sell your corrado to replace it with a 'normal' car?!?!?!

Sell the parents instead :lol:

if i had some cash saved away,i would sell mine an buy summat newer,but for what i'd get for the rado alone wouldn't be enough to get summat that gives as much joy drivin as the rado does

you'll never sell :D :lol:

I blame my parents for this bottomless pit of a car. My mum had several mk2 golf gti's and a 2.0 litre corrado, as soon as i sat in it i knew i had to have one. Absolutely love it and its everything i hoped it would be tbh, both my parents have a lot of respect for corrados so no probs from them. Its the wife thats expecting our 2nd child that needs persuading lol. :D