Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Utterly Vee Duberly show, what did you guys think?

I thought it was a bit poor to be honest. not really much there for the C. the car park was better than the show. did like the C VR :D with the momo steering wheel and gorgeous leather interior though!! :D :D

I thought it was crap!! total waste of £££, but did pickup a few bits.. but as you guys said nothing for our rados :(

did anyone see the totally slammed yellow G plate rado? I got chatting to the owner as he drove past, it was dropped 110mm on the standard 15" BBS's.. it looked so sweet!! :D

I must agree. The show was a bit poor, not as good as last years which seemed to be more popular. My motor made its first show outing with new two tone leather which got a few admirers, its was the black 2.0 16V on the stand. Jez's Campaign is always a star of the stand, and Jim's white 16V was looking good too. Must admit that on the whole a pretty dismal show, no stunning Club GTi cars there either. Oh well, roll on the summer!

110mm?!? :shock: Sheeesh, I thought mine was low when she dropped 80mm when I first fitted my coilovers... :?

I'm almost glad I didn't make the trip over now... :? 8)

My motor made its first show outing with new two tone leather which got a few admirers, its was the black 2.0 16V on the stand

sorry dave0280 i thought it was a VR (I was hungover :) !) :oops: but wow!! :shock: what an interior (really like the the parcel shelf too) :D how much did that cost you and where from? looks fantastic!!!! :D

Dave, I was admiring your re-trim.. very good quality.. did hang about to have a chat with yah, but you wasnt about, oh well next time maybe.. nice car matey :D

Cheers guys. You will be shocked to know that the door cards and parcel shelf were .......... vinyl! The bits you sit on were leather but the seat backs were vinyl. You really can't tell even when i had the car open and people felt it. I made sure they used a good quality soft vinyl which matched 100% with the leather. They also did the mat edges, gear gaitor and handbrake gaitor all in for £700!

Done at Tappers in B'ham just off the Pershore road.

its a shame the show wasnt to good,especially as one of the main organisers had recently passed away,would of thought they would of made it better in her honour

110mm?!? :shock: Sheeesh, I thought mine was low when she dropped 80mm when I first fitted my coilovers... :?

I'm almost glad I didn't make the trip over now... :? 8)

Henny, the front spilter was dead on it :lol: I can't wait til I get coilovers!!! :wink:

Dave your re-trim seems like a good price.. :D

abit of a shame about the show Daz.. :roll:

was ok, got my charger back :D (thanks Darren, he is a top bloke and put up with all my phone calls etc )

Got a VW gear knob, and a deep eyebrow spoiler wasnt many other C parts there.

Show was pretty much what I expected for this time of year.

Wasn't really looking to buy anything but I agree there wasn't very much Corrado stuff there.

It was good to meet up with some of you guys there - maybe at the next show we'll have to organise a place & time so we can all meet. Near one of the food trailers perhaps........... :lol: :lol:

Lets just say the show was a hell of a lot better than the GTI Festival at Stoneleigh but wasn't as good as VW Action in September, although there were more C's at Donnington.

I still managed to buy some Synta Silver Oil, Side repeaters with crystal bulbs and some M3 style smoked rear lights!

Ah well, lets see what happens next year!

I was there, the fat bloke leaning on a caddy van, (which i have managed to dent within 5 weeks of ownership :( ) selling corrado/gti bits in the middle of the mess outside. I was either freezing cold or had bright sunlight in my eyes, and jesus, what a lot of odd people there :shock:

I didnt see u there Bally ? You should have popped over (could have got me a nice warm cuppa :D ) I managed 1 pee and had 1 drink from 6.50am to 4 pm.... I was up at 3am, arrived there 6.45am....got home 8pm... and fell asleep 4 times on the motorway... which is not good... My toes are just beginning to get circulation back!

I saw Darren (G werk), but that was it? I assume every one else was inside keeping warm.. :x as was my mate with his trade stand.. I have to say when i saw the C's driving past, I was mega impressed with the quality..

Maybe a meet up at GTi international is a good idea then ??

jesus, what a lot of odd people there :shock:
That'll be the VW camper brigade...... :lol:

fell asleep 4 times on the motorway...
I did that a few years ago in a Opel Kadett 1.6SR - totally trashed it - woke up in a farmers field.... :lol:

Maybe a meet up at GTi international is a good idea then ??
Were all gonna have to have a big barbeque/pissup at the campsite ??

Were all gonna have to have a big barbeque/pissup at the campsite ??

Hell yeah, sounds great to me... I should have a 'rado back in one piece by then too! :roll: :lol:

I didnt see u there Bally ? You should have popped over (could have got me a nice warm cuppa :D ) I managed 1 pee and had 1 drink from 6.50am to 4 pm.... I was up at 3am, arrived there 6.45am....got home 8pm... and fell asleep 4 times on the motorway... which is not good... My toes are just beginning to get circulation back!

??

Hey mate, sorry I missed yah, i didn't see yah, I went around the outside bit twice... :roll:

Oh well, see yah at inters maybe?:wink:

Good show, but too much emphersis on trade with very little on the cars. More of a social gathering and stocking up on spares though the winter show. Very enjoyable none the less.

It wasn't too bad, Got a cheap set of brake pads, (did arrive early though), Saw stevemac, dave0280, and Jim, Had a good chat before realising the time and vanishing to my grandparents for dinner :mad:

What mad me laugh was the old camper van outside the show entrance that was for sale at £6000, now the thing was rusty as hell, and one step away from the scrappies!!

So why not set up a Corrado Forum stand an Inters? Maybe Next to the CCGB stand, that way there are loads of fantastic Corrados for Jo Public to gawp at. Or at least get a 'club' camping area arranged. Get pissed and party!!!

We've only got 6 months to organise it!