Sign in to follow this  
gogsboy

Part number - 021129101A

Came across a split pipe earlier, cleaned it up and got the part number above 021129101A.

Car didn't seem to be any different, anyone know what it's for exactly and best place to get a replacement, is it one of those VW...how much! parts :D

Holy shat, can someone confirm this part is actually made of rubber and not GOLD!

£72 plus vat, robbing bas*****!!

So this part has been superceeded they say but not allowed to give out part numbers, not that it matters..

However where can this piece of rubber be had for cheaper and what is it actually called.

Cheers

can you be a bit more specific (engine, description of what part it is) or put up a pic?

Not near car just now so cant take pic and not really being mechanically minded I'm not sure what its called, tried to ask VW parts man but I think they have less mechanical knowledge than me :lol:

If facing the engine, rubber hose to the left of the engine, just near the back of the engine plastic cover with VR6 on it, seems quite short about 5 inches maybe and joins onto another hose. The part that is split is bigger, like a mushroom if I recall correctly.

Sorry cant describe it much better, will try get pic later if possible, thought someone with ekta or whatever its called would know what its for.

It appears to be quite a short pipe, however VW claim the high price is due to the small piece being superceeded and you now have to replace the whole lot, how convenient....for them!

I did ask them what it was called but that drew and blank and asked them what is it for again a blank, I haven't noticed the engine running any differently or nothing so wondering how important it is

I think they may be on about the whole intake pipe then, as this smaller pipe is only part of that whole unit now.

I think they may be on about the whole intake pipe then, as this smaller pipe is only part of that whole unit now.

So is this another go to ford special or is it different on the galaxy?

What is the name for this part, anyone know, just intake pipe?

Sounds like it's the PCV oil breather valve. I got one from Ford for around £24 a few months back. You can buy all the parts separately, unlike at VW where you have to buy the whole inlet.

Sounds like it's the PCV oil breather valve. I got one from Ford for around £24 a few months back. You can buy all the parts separately, unlike at VW where you have to buy the whole inlet.

You dont happen to have the part number so can check with them, just when you ask for parts from them they seem hell bent on getting the reg number or your galaxy :D

I think you got your stat housing from Ford didn't you, I ended up doing the same but they charged me pretty much the same as VW would have.

Spot on mate, ta very much, will get a look on thier screen and see if its the bit for sure, I cant put a photo up as car still in garage at moment.

Does this look like the part I need from Ford?

Are they easy enough to change?

What makes this hose go, if your head gasket is going going gone is this part affected?

This pipe carries nasty, toxic and oily crankcase fumes. Sometimes the oil that condenses in here splits the rubber pipe.

I am not an engine expert, but would expect that pressure when you have head gasket failing could exacerbate the situation.

Yep, that's the part. 5 minute job to change :)

I've heard that somewhere before, you sure you dont need a special VW tool :D

Do you have any idea if this could be due to a head problem, just I'm still losing water, posted a bit on the engine bay section with a bit more detail.

Just picked up this part from Ford, not near the Corrado now, did your part seem very rigid and solid, just I recall when looking at the split section on the Corrado it seemed to be more soft rubber than hard plastic, or maybe the go like that over time.

Yep, it was hard plastic. They soften over time. Got one from VW a few years ago and it was exactly the same.

How do you remove this thing, not at the jubilee end but at the other end where it seems to be crimped on, just by force or another one of VW special tools then.

The short pipe literlly falls off but the fatter end doesnt want to just pop out.

Gogsboy, how much did this piece cost you from Ford?

Mine came off this afternoon so looks like i'll be taking a trip there too.