Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

VR6 wheel offset

ET43, the plus axle wishbones and wider rear axle on the VR6 cancel it out so they sit in the arches the same as the other non-vr6 cars. but they STILL put wider arches on them?!!??

i heard that the front wings are slightly wider, didnt think the rears were any wider, are they?

I'm still not convinced that only the vr6s got the wider front wings, i think it was all later corrados that have them cause when i parked my new corrado (which used to be a 2.0 16v, now a 20vt) next to my old 1.8 16v, the wings on my new corrado are noticeabley wider than my 1.8 16v

All later corrado's have the big wings, my 1994 8v does. so imagine how that loows, with wider wings, but still on the mk2 golf style wishbones and 35mm offset wheels, they look lost!.

AFAIK, the rear arches o the later shells and the VR6 early shells have a slightly smaller lip than the earlier ones.

The reason why I ask is because ive seen a corrado with wheels that fill the arches perfectely, it says the wheels have 32mm offset, but there are on a vr6 corrado

So would i be right in saying that if i wanted to achieve the same look on my non vr6 corrado, i would have to order the wheels with a 24mm offset instead of 32mm ?

ET32 is 9mm further out than ET43, not taking into account any difference in wheel width of course...

depends on the width of the wheels you want. ET24 is a strange one. you could get ET25 by ordering BMW fitment (4 stud), but bear in mind your factory wheels are 6" wide, and you'll be looking at at least 7" wide, so you will be getting another 1/2" of width on each side of the wheel to deal with too.

offests are always tricky to work out, but worth it to get the wheels sitting right.

The corrado i was looking at was A20 LEE's from this forum:

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56

He has 8.5x17s with a 32mm offset with 205/40/17 tyers

I know i will have trouble finding a wheel with a 24mm offset, so if i want to achieve that same look, i could order the wheel with the 32mm offset, and then use 8mm spacers all round?

The corrado i was looking at was A20 LEE's from this forum:

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=56

He has 8.5x17s with a 32mm offset with 205/40/17 tyers

I know i will have trouble finding a wheel with a 24mm offset, so if i want to achieve that same look, i could order the wheel with the 32mm offset, and then use 8mm spacers all round?

Some brands like Compomotive and Speedline sell you wheels with ETs from 00 to 56. Other brands, I'm sure can do the same, if you ask them nicely :lol:

Kev