Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Anyone got a Twilight Violet Pearl C?

I may be trading in for a vr6 and I have seen an N reg in this colour advertised, it sounds perfect but a tad overpriced although im getting offered a decent trade in depending on my cars condition. The problem is I havent seen the car in the flesh yet and have only seen one pic so I would like to see more pics of this colour, if anyone has any pics could you post them here?

Cheers

hi joe,

i'm not 100% sure here mind but i'm pretty sure this was a twilight violet C pic..........i'll try and see if my mate who has a twi-violet vr6 has any j-pegs he can send me....

if this one your thinking about is ice grey violet rather than twilight violet then providing its a good example....snap it up,ice grey violet is a pretty rare colour though not as rare as what some people on the yahoo group think

hth

Thanx, any more pics would be great. The picture I have looks pretty similar to the one you posted. To be honest im not too keen on Ice Grey Violet, have seen one but I really think the Corrado suits dark colours better.

Heres a pic of the C im looking at, it seems overpriced at £8'999 with 60k but if I could haggle it down a bit and it is in immaculate condition then I would be willing to go for it as im planning on keeping my future vr for a long time.

Also, if you know of anyone selling a mint vr in your area could you give me a shout?

Cheers

Thanx, any more pics would be great. The picture I have looks pretty similar to the one you posted. To be honest im not too keen on Ice Grey Violet, have seen one but I really think the Corrado suits dark colours better.

Heres a pic of the C im looking at, it seems overpriced at £8'999 with 60k but if I could haggle it down a bit and it is in immaculate condition then I would be willing to go for it as im planning on keeping my future vr for a long time.

Also, if you know of anyone selling a mint vr in your area could you give me a shout?

Cheers

I know where that car is - isnt too far from where I live (30miles) - reason the car is overpriced is because the garage only deals in immaculate prestiege cars with low miles and FSH's then charge the earth for them.... I guess on one hand you will get a mint car with warranty but on the other dont expect to get much knocked off the asking price.........

As for the car its been up for sale about two months so would be weary... although it might just be the price that is problem?

Scott.

Joe M, Hi Joe it looks a really nice one with a Reiger grille and what look like ABT wheels,if that is the case then it looks as if it has had a caring money no object type owner :!: Which is just what you want .But in my opinion it is way over priced,no wonder they still have it after two months. :!:

But there again the decision is yours as Cilla would say. :lol:

hmm, decisions decisions, take an overpriced c that will be immaculate and with a warranty or take the time to try and sell mine private then see whats available. This is gonnae be a tough one.

Just found out its got a Momo steering wheel, shortshift kit but no leather :o . At that price I would be wanting full spec so will probably give this one a miss.

Joe M, Suppose it depends what you are going to get as a trade in against it,for your car.You really want to have a fair idea what they are going to offer before you start travelling.

If they make you a good offer for yours then the newer car with warranty might be worth it.............maybe :!:

Mooooving........

smug git :mad: , how much was your low mileage C again, maybe it will convince me even more that this one is way overpriced and ill start looking at others :D

Mooooving........

smug git :mad: , how much was your low mileage C again, maybe it will convince me even more that this one is way overpriced and ill start looking at others :D

:D

Don't think it will convince you! lol

Paid £3.5k in Dec 02, full VW service history, brand new brakes and 39k on the clock. But, I had to spend £500 to get the wiring harness sorted out on it. It's fine now though and not had a problem from her since (except a door handle!).

Not sure what current value would be though.

Cheers

hi joe,

there seemingly is one up here (aberdeen) with 53k miles on the vwccgb classifieds,though one of the vwccgb club members has e-mailed me about it to see if i would have a look over it for him to see if its worth him coming up from preston to view

i'll keep you posted on it anyhow

as for the one down south i think he bought it for approx £6k and is trying to make a £3k profit on it.....the reason i say this is they had an advert wanting corrado vr6's and up to £6k paid........though it his a very tidy looking one admittedly

hi joe,

there seemingly is one up here (aberdeen) with 53k miles on the vwccgb classifieds,

Never thought to look there, on it now. Hmm, Tom Ingrams Supercharged vr for sale, 10000 on autotrader but open to offers. :D

Doubt I could afford the insurance and would be scared to use it daily :( , I can dream though.

Is that the one out a peterculter roddy?

was advertised round time I got my G60 too

could well be......where did you see it advertised then andrew?

was in Scotads...I just threw it out tonight when having a clear out and cant remembe anymore about it :/

Gotta hit the sack now tho..getting late :)

Nope, standard ride height!

Lovely looking car btw mate :)

:lol: this is an old thread, ive had a Twilight Violet vr for over a year now, bought off Roddys mate that he mentions above.

great colour :D

on the side view picture, does the corrado look too high??

Yeah, they always look a bit high on standard suspension

Twilight Violet isn't very common at all so worth hanging onto... and i'd say a 30mm to 40mm drop would look just peachy :)