Sign in to follow this  
diamondblack

Anyone know the whereabouts of this hot totty?...

I used to own this car, it is Dusty Mauve

Last I heard on here someone called **stan** had brought it, he posted up asking for information on the car on 21st April 2006 (still have the PM)

At the time that Stan asked for information another member (I think it was one of the girls) told him to avoid it, but didnt provide any details of why.

While I owned the car the drivers side rear quater was replaced after my dad reversed into the car on the drive and damaged it with his tow bar (it emerged that this quater had already been repaired after a previous accident as it was full of filler when my dad hit it, hence it needing a whole new quater from a 2mph accident) fortunately the insurance man took pity on me and turned a blind eye to the previous damge that was unearthed and paid for a full new quater.

Just after I had the car repaired from this I was involved in an accident, which wiped out the passenger side rear quater. A fiesta hit me side on at some considerable speed, spinning the car 360 degrees. As I was only insured 3rd party the car didnt go through the insurance and I sold it to someone local for spares or repairs. I would estimate that it would have been written off if it went through the insurance as the boot floor was creased and the rear wheel snapped off. The guy I sold it to repaired it and gave it to his son to drive, so I guess he must have been happy with the standard of the repairs.

Car had done about 80,000 miles when this all happened in june 2003.

I wish my G60 had of been this colour :(

Nah it's not mate, unless it was repainted. Allthough it has to be said, it does look a bit like Dusty Mauve tbh :lol: - pearlesant colours can be a bugger to tell apart in photos, especially purples!

Only 6 rados were ever painted dusty mauve in the factory, and they were the Campaigns.

Paint sticker in the boot said dusty mauve, and I had to order paint when the rear quater was resprayed.

What were the campaign editions? this was a 2.0 16v.

As the plate is visible - L367 XGB - easy to see why you could correctly id it as yours (as opposed to when we just see a car that looks like it might be one of our old ones).

Dusty mauve was only on the Campaigns, though, so could have been resprayed because this was advertised as a 2.0 16v.

Last I heard on here someone called **stan** had brought it, he posted up asking for information on the car on 21st April 2006 (still have the PM)

Do you mean Stan 24v?

Car had done about 80,000 miles when this all happened in june 2003.

In the recent sale ad that I saw for this car, it said it had about 94k with FSH, which means only 14k done in the last four and a half years...

It was a 2.0 16v. I dont remeber the paint code, but i remember looking it up on one of the paint charts on the net when I brought it.

It also had a cloth interior that I havent seen on other cars.

It wasn't Stan 24v, was definitely **stan**.

Considering the slightly confusing history, i'd be glad you didnt buy it! :lol:

Here we go:

link

You cant see the number plate in the pictures, but I PM'd the guy at the time.

It seems that a few people on here know of the car but didnt want to expalin what they knew.....

Looking at the pic in that link, it's deffinately twilight violet pearl :)

It's funny how everyone's being so 'hush hush' about whateve the problem with it was :roll: :lol:

Here we go:

link

You cant see the number plate in the pictures, but I PM'd the guy at the time.

It seems that a few people on here know of the car but didnt want to expalin what they knew.....

Bloody hell - worms, can of, open. That link makes for interesting reading, especially when one member says the rather ominous, 'Oh... it's back...' And, like you say, several members knew the car but where reluctant to publicly air their views (probably for the sake of the new owner).

It had sold by the time I rang, but a couple of forum members had already kindly agreed to do a pre-sale view so the story probably would have come out anyway.

That's the beauty of the forum.

Looking at the pic in that link, it's deffinately twilight violet pearl :)

It's funny how everyone's being so 'hush hush' about whateve the problem with it was :roll: :lol:

I love your persistance with the colour call.

Yep, there seems to be a lot of Omerta surrounding this car.

I used to own this car

Just after I had the car repaired from this I was involved in an accident, which wiped out the passenger side rear quater. A fiesta hit me side on at some considerable speed, spinning the car 360 degrees. As I was only insured 3rd party the car didnt go through the insurance and I sold it to someone local for spares or repairs. I would estimate that it would have been written off if it went through the insurance as the boot floor was creased and the rear wheel snapped off.

So it became a Reliant Robin...

Corrado1a-1.jpg

Amazing then that it was up recently for £2600 when you sold it for scrap over four years ago...

If it is twilight violet pearl then it was a bloody good persistent guess i made as i have never even seen that colour :lol: