Sign in to follow this  
staffs_til_i_die

Empire Graphic Overlays - show us yours!

Have been searching through hundreds of threads but have not found what I need.

Does anyone have some photo's of their C with the Empire Graphic overlays on? Preferably a moonlight blue, or similar dark colour?

Don't have time to tint my rears, and this seems like a cheap and easy option, but need to know if they will look ok. Am thinking all red might be the way to go, then paint my callipers red to match. But smoked rears, and smoked side indicators would also look good on a moonlight blue C.

Any pics? Anyone?

smoked overlays on the rear....blue overlays on the front....aqua blue....close enough?

did ya do that yourslf?? or buy like that?? looks cool!

smoked overlays on the rear....blue overlays on the front....aqua blue....close enough?

i did them myself.....got the stuff from empirex (i think)....it was a group buy discount thing on here....quite easy to do....just a bit footery.....thanks for the positive comments :D

i did them myself.....got the stuff from empirex (i think)....it was a group buy discount thing on here....quite easy to do....just a bit footery.....thanks for the positive comments :D

i wanna do mine now!! :D

Easypops! That is a tasty looking C. How did you tint your rears? And do the indicators shine through the smoke ok? If so, Mr Visa is coming out and I'm having some early Crimbo presents!

Edit: Just seen this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63845&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Where's my wallet??? :lol:

Cheers mate :D .....its fairly straightforward.....the rears are easy to take out and do them in the house/garage.....same for the fogs and indicators.....the only hard bit for me was the headlights as the screws holding them were and still are badly rusted so i just did them in situ.

a sharp blade(stanley) to take off the raised writing.....a quick sand and clean then put on with soapy water if i remember then borrow the girlfriends hairdryer and sort of heat/melt them into position pushing from the middles to remove the excess water.leave them overnight to dry properly....a wee bit of tape for extra holding.

sounds dodgy but they have held for about a year now without any peeling 8)

good luck

OK, I bought some rears but I had real trouble making the overlap nice and smooth thus ended up with loads of creases on the edges.

I ended up with the hump and removing them.

So how do I do 'em properly, if I were to buy some more?

OK, I bought some rears but I had real trouble making the overlap nice and smooth thus ended up with loads of creases on the edges.

As far as i remember it was a bit difficult....i i cut the overlap a few times at 40mm intervals and gave it some serious heating and they seemed to stick fine.....the corner was the worst....ended up having to remove a wee bit to get it flat.....not easy to describe i'm afraid

I know how you feel, i was the same. The best way is paint them, they look 10 times better

DSCF0085.JPG[/attachment:351d6tov]