Sign in to follow this  
Randomjord

Heater Problem!

Hi all, newbie post here, recently bought my First Corrado and this morning was the first really cold morning we've had, iv noticed a few things,

My heater is crap, it really is crap, blows luke warm if at all, so cant clear a windscreen. new matrix needed?

Also the fans only work on setting 4. not at all on the other 3 settings.

The whole of the inside of the car was iced up an took forever to deice! is this a normal thing for corrados or is mine just shit?

If anyone can help me with these issues it would be really appreciated.

Jords

Hello mate, and welcome to the forum.

All fairly common problems you've listed there, sounds like the heater matrix has gone and there is probably water in the car hense the misting/icing up and the blower speeds are normally to do with a resistor or something use the search and you'll find your answers.

Hello,

What type of corrado have you got?

Early cars have a metal valve in the engine bay that controls hot and cold flow to the heater matrix, it would also be worth changing the thermostat prior to the heater matrix as the later is a big job.

Early cars have a metal valve in the engine bay that controls hot and cold flow to the heater matrix, .

Hi

Is this metal valve mechanically controlled from inside the car ?

Hi all, newbie post here, recently bought my First Corrado and this morning was the first really cold morning we've had, iv noticed a few things,

My heater is crap, it really is crap, blows luke warm if at all, so cant clear a windscreen. new matrix needed?

Also the fans only work on setting 4. not at all on the other 3 settings.

The whole of the inside of the car was iced up an took forever to deice! is this a normal thing for corrados or is mine just ****?

If anyone can help me with these issues it would be really appreciated.

Jords

Yep its totally normal and we tend to put with it cos the drive is so good..mines still rubbish and ive tried everything. Might swap it for a skoda system if its any better!!!...lol