Sign in to follow this  
slugmaster100

clifford con. 650 g5 intellistart

hey all!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a fitter in the sheffield area that would relatively cheaply fit a intellistart thingy to my existing clifford concept 650 g5 alarm system.

Does anyone know if the fitted for the extra intellistart has to be 'registered' or something for insurance purposes, or can anyone do it?

Thanks.

I believe Intellistart actually VOIDS your insurance policy because its a way of starting the car without even having the keys..... not sure if that is still the case or not, but it certainly used to be :(

lo fella

I used a bloke called Max Pitts who has his own fitting business called motoelectro. He's a mobile fitter and is based down the road from me in Leeds 15. I know he goes all over yorkshire fitting alarms, remote start, hand free kits etc. He's worth ringing to see if he'll fit it for you. He fitted my VR6 with an autowatch alarm in october. He's a top bloke and knows his stuff.

Call Max on 07767838052.

EDIT- Oh and he's a certified fitter. Is intelistart like remote start, if so i dont think it does invalidate your insurance as the alarm fitter was willing to fit this for me if i got another alarm. Didnt say anything about invalidating my insurance, and he knew i was getting an alarm fitted, not only for security but it also was an insurance requirement.

You heard of Source Sounds & Security at Chapeltown?

May not be the cheapest but certainly 1 of the best and the after sales is 2nd to none, quite literally the best service i have ever had from any company that i have used.

Very highly recommended.

I thought these were also illegal to fit on manual cars? I thought they were for automatics only to make sure you're not in gear when you start it. Either way it probably will affect your insurance because when you start the car remotely it effectively has no immobiliser and can be easily hot wired.