Sign in to follow this  
klin

addictive corrados

came out of hospital 2weeks ago after getting a skin graft on my left foot thanks to exploding heater matrix :( ,

vowed to never sit in my g60 again but i couldnt stay away,while on the mend ive ordered new low temp thermostat,fan switch,samco coolant and boost hoses header tank,battery cover,fmic and new vw heater matrix :D,dont think ill ever part with it now(until something else breaks :lol: )

AAHHH the highs and lows of corrado ownership

crikey! my heater matrix went a few weeks back too, was told I was very lucky to escape a similier fate to yourself :shock:

geez these cars do like to bite us!! But like you said, you can't stay away. I was getting really fed up 'cus even after the fix the front+back windows were forever steaming up (also weather a factor) but now she's grand and I'm back to hugging her last thing at night :lol: waiting for the g/f to mutter the classic line, ''either the car goes, or I do''!!!

came out of hospital 2weeks ago after getting a skin graft on my left foot thanks to exploding heater matrix

Jesus - Glad your doing ok! - heard about a few of these matrix induced injuries but not directly on this forum - just proves why fitting a new VW one and having the bypass valves is so important!

Out of interest had your car had the original recall?? (you won't need the valves now with the new MK3 part)

yeah i thought it would have been recalled,not able to get to the garage yet so not sure if the valve was fitted,important for corrado owners to check just in case and have health insurance,got da hospital bill last week 10,000 euro wit more to come(getting my health insurers back) :lol:

jeez...

glad your ok .

Our cars are trying to kill us and yet we still pamper them with new shininess.

Now thats unconditional love. :)

God, that could have been a bad accident time if you were on the motorway or something, glad your not too badly injured though and you can get back int he car......

I had a burning experience with my Corrado top hose bursting as I opened the bonnet after a run, lost most of my layers of skin on my right arm and all over my stomach/chest as I wasn't wearing anything on top....burns really hurt man, especially when it isn't bad enough to burn off the nurve endings.....