Sign in to follow this  
R1chy99

Nearly a Cornish newbie

Well, I'm already Cornish but I'm about to buy a VR6 Corrado so that'd make me a Corrado newbie..... It's an M reg Dragon Green, think it belonged to Jimbo1970 off of here but it's on a garage forecourt now. Jimbo, you still about or anyone else know the car? I've driven it & it goes alright but if anyone's got any inside info I'd be MOST grateful....

Oh and "Hello" Very useful site so far, if I buy it I'll post more as it progresses.

Thanks in advance and all that.

Rich :lol:

It might be worth sending him a PM about the car mate, he may not see this thread.

Welcome to the forum anyway, there's a few members here from Cornwall.

I've tried the PM thing, hoping he's still about. RK Engineering, is that you? I'm in Truro so may be paying a visit very soon if I buy this car.

Thanks for the reply

Rich

Nah it's not me mate, I just use them alot! You wont find anywhere better to take your car as they know Corrados inside out being Corrado owners themselves.

Aha right o, I'll look them up. Just trying to find out a little bit more about this car 1st. I've read all the previous posts on here & it looks like he's spent a fortune on it, big old folder of receipts with it too. It's got a few niggley common faults, sunroof, central locking etc. but my big concern is the engine, 140000 miles & I can't find anything to say the timing chain's ever been given any attention

Ask away, I'm not easilly offended :D

It's up for £2000. I'm buying a new house and trying to free up a bit of money so it's out with the French and back in with the German

Ask away, I'm not easilly offended :D

It's up for £2000. I'm buying a new house and trying to free up a bit of money so it's out with the French and back in with the German

£2k isn't too bad, Corrados seem to be pretty cheap at the moment. All i'd say to you is not to buy it just because it's local, make sure you buy it for it's own merit. It's worth travelling up country to get yourself the right car if this one isn't for you.

Good luck with it anyway :)

Thanks for the replies, hopefully, all being well, fingers crossed and all that I'll be taking a further in-depth look at the car on Thursday so be prepared for more of my random rantings and many cries for help as my enthusiasm FAR out weighs my ability so often start things I can't finish...

Merry Krissy :lol:

Rich

Hi guys. Just seen this thread - thanks Walesy.

I have sent R1chy99 a few PMs about the car, before writting this.

I am pretty gutted to have got rid of it, but we have a baby on the way, and the C just isn't much cop with that, and I was offered a "sensible family run-about/commuter" that was too good to miss, so the C had to go now.

Also the missus will be giving up work when the baby arrives, and so £200 - £250 a month on petrol commuting to work just isn't on any more.

In a bit of a panic about it all at the moment!

If I do ever have any money to spare, ever again, I will get another C, or maybe an S3 (do they do 5 door S3s?!).

I hope you do go for the car R1chy99, I may see you about in it as you are local.

Take it easy everybody.

Ho Ho Ho and all that.

Jim