Sign in to follow this  
STUMACG60

Both sidelights not working!!!

Hi peeps,

Could someone help out with my problem. I have recently made and fitted a new headlight loom( Dip and Full beam). All seemed fine, disconnected dim-dip etc and worked as advertised :) . Bought and fitted some new Philips advance +`s. Since doing this I have lost power only at the sidelights!!!

Checked the supply voltage at the headlight connector on each headlight and I`m getting 0 volts when sidelights selected. I know its not the fuses as the tail lights are on :(

Any ideas please.

Cheers

Stu

Cheers

I Will give that a try.They were working fine one day and then not the next!!! The curse of the Rado strikes again.Will post a reply when issue rectified :?

Cheers Stu

Well today stripped the battery out and checked over all the headlight upgrade loom I fitted. Unfortunately everything looked fine,checked all the connections and bulb fittings nothing disconnected or shorting out :( .

I checked the voltage again with dim-dip connected and I`m getting 12V at the sidelights.But as soon as I disconnect the dim-dip plug the supply is 0 V at the sidelights. I know with the engine running it puts the dip lights on,(which it does do)but I cant see why this should affect the sidelight supply. Surely it would just supply the dip circuit and not remove from sidelight circuit?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or advise any other gremlin that is causing this :?

I know the Headlight switch is prime suspect,(Thanks James) which I`ll change when I can get one,If anyone has a spare kicking about gathering dust drop me a line and I`ll buy it.

Thanks for any advice its driving me mad

Start from the begining,remove or disconect the "uprated" headlamp loom.

So if you go to the main plug on the light switch(or the four wires) and check feeds one at a time,you get..

Earth

12v side light live (put the h/l switch on side)

12v dipped live (then switch to h/l main)

12v main beam live. ( then flick the stalk to main beam)

So how many lives do you have with the resistor connected and unconnected?

Is the plug on the headlight loom incorrectly assembled?

Hi

I have a similar problem I also did my own uprated loom(courtsey of this august forum) but just for the dipped beam side of things ,now I find I have no sidelights at all, on the switch they go straight to dipped on both clicks BUT when I turn the ignition OFF the sidelights magically reappear.

Can anyone solve this little mystery and can you give me a clue if the properly uprated loom is still available.

Ta muchly

Well after much invest found the cause of my problem!!! :? Both my sidelight blew the bulbs at the same time and my battery went in the multimeter so got some weird reading!!! After 5 mins with a new battery in and new bulbs all is fine!!! Wot a plonker!!! Basics,basics basics!!!!! Thanks guys for all the advice on this thread. 8)

stu