Sign in to follow this  
LukeManic

phoenix gold amp and correct power cable

Hi guys, I've got a Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0.4 amplifier (http://reviews.cnet.com/car-amplifiers/phoenix-gold-octane-r/4507-6726_7-30844528.html?tag=sub) I want to install it in my rado, it will be running 2 6x9s and a 10" sub. It has two 25a fuses on it - does this mean I need a 50a inline fuse on my power cable? As I currently have a 10 gauge power cable with a 30a inline fuse, just wondering if this will be safe to use?

Thanks in advance,

Luke.

ive got some 25mm^2 welding cable running my amp (which incidentally is the same as yours) and its fine. Got it cheap from ebay, works out about equivalent to 3 guage AWG, and the insulation is nice and bendy so its easy to route through the car. And its black which i prefer in the engine bay, didnt want bright blue/red cable running through there!

the manual for the amp suggests to use 2x20 amp ATO fuses, so i used a 40 amp AGU fuse and its been fine.

BTW i have a scan of the manula for the amp. if you need it, pm me your email address.