Sign in to follow this  
R1chy99

* And it's "Hello" from me!*

Woo Hoo I bought one.... M plate Dragon Green VR6 & it sounds Suh-Weeeeeeeet :D

Thanks to everyone for your input on my "should I buy it" thread and like I said.... Hello from me, I live in Cornwall so if anybody sees me about gimme a little wave & JIMBOB>>> I promise I'll look after it, think I might call it Colin.. :lol:

Rich

Thank you very much. I'm fairly full of confusion at the mo. Reading through here I'm not sure if I should have a remote for the locking, it's a 94 VR6 (I think) M plate but it's got the deeper front spoiler & just the standard torch keys & the central locking doesn't work from the driver's door but I'm knee deep in previous posts about that right now. My little boy brain's starting to hurt :?

Mines a 93 VR with the deep spoiler..I think the changeover from deep to non-deep was slightly random- plus someone may have retro fitted the deeper spoiler as it looks better (IMO of course :D )

The standard car didn't (to my knowledge) come with remote locking- however most aftermarket alarms etc will have this- the full closure locking (ie central locking inc auto window and sunrood close) is designed to be driven off an alarm so if you have a remote alarm fitted the car will autolock off it..

...of course your central locking needs to be working for this to be the case :D

Enjoy the ride.. 8)

I have a 3rd party (TOAD) alarm fitted but it doesn't seem to be doing anything at the minute, think I'll have a poke about with that tomorrow.

I'd agree with you on the deeper spoiler too, I've already noticed the look of terror on speed bumps as I've aproached them.

Rich

Hiya mate, glad you bought it :)

All Corrados came with remote central locking, so yours should work - it'll also have total closure ( total closure will work off the key aswell as the alarm, just keep the key in the turned postition and it will auto close the windows/sunroof.) The vacume hose may have popped off behind the drivers side doorcard?, or the drivers handle could have been swapped at some point and not plugged in? It would be best to whip the doorcard off and have a look.

If the car's got the deeper spoiler, someone's changed it at some point. If you'd rather the smaller one i'd be up for a swap :) - mine's in mint condition.

Like I said to you before, if you do have any problems with the car (fairly likely at some point!) then I can fully recommend R.K Engineering in St Agnes as they know the cars inside out and also have a few spares lying around from rado's they've broken that can come in handy :)

Enjoy the car anyway mate, we have some perfect roads for Corrados down this way! Allthough the weather's not helping today :(

Remote central locking.....? Check :)

Alarm fixed so remote locking and total closure now working, spent all day on it today and I haven't even touched toh outside yet, well apart from the wheels.... Ooh and spraying the VW badges black (controversial?). It's my 1st attempt & I'm fairly pleased with them. Next thing is new headlights as driving by candle light is a bit scary, I'm used to Xenons and to "de-tango" it but I'm not sure whether to go clear or smoked..... Any thoughts??