Sign in to follow this  
stormdog

VR AAA into 91 valver wiring issues update

just getting round to finishing my project rado which has been shelved for the last 2 yrs, it started as a 16 valver but after blowing the engine i put in a 2.8 vr AAA motor, i have plugged up all the necessary fuse box plugs but i'm left with no spark and no fuel pump(although i think i know where i'm going with that), my question is, can someone identify what the following wires do and what they should be connected too on the original valver loom.

coming from engine loom there is a brown 2 pin plug with a brown/red and a red/black

a green 2 pin plug with a green and a blue/red

a white 1 pin plug with brown/green

a black 1 pin plug with a purple/white

a brown 2 pin with a yellow and a grey/white

coming from the car side in the o/s footwell is black 1 pin connector black/blue

in the lower o/s footwell is another black/blue but with a green plug

i also have 2 wires coming from relay no 31 a black 1 pin with a red/white and a white 1 pin with a brown/white

if anyone can help i would be very grateful, i'm in Edinburgh if theres anyone close who wants to take a closer look.

checked for feeds to ecu today, all present and correct, going to check coil and dizzy tomorrow and also crank sensor, does anyone know what resistance's or voltages these items should produce for testing? i have a wiring diagram so know what colour wires go where.

re unconnected plugs, i now know the brown 2 pin with yellow and grey/white wires is for diagostic connection, can this be connected to VAG-COM?

You are far best off going onto e38 or club gti and so on as not many on here have converted,instead just bought a Vr.. :D

Ive fitted a VR into a MK2 but just spliced into the original car loom a i went along.

done some digging on mk2vr6 and it sounds like it could be the ecu isnt firing up, does anyone know what colour wire comes from the fusebox to power the ecu and to what pin on the ecu?