Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Xmas Wen Ti*s Up!

The plan for xmas was this;

Wake up, finish off the trifle, then slouch til the missus woke up (worked til 7am).

Cleaned the Corrado the day before so all's well there!

At 2-3ish, set off to Warrington (from Keighley) to go to her Mum & Dads for a few days.

Fine! It'll give the car a good run and I'll finally get to drive it rather than use the van!

15 minutes into the journey just as we entered Halifax, I pulled up to a roundabout and all of a sudden noticed smoke coming form the left side of the car!

Pulled onto the side and got out to have a look.

I looked at the pass side front wheel only to find that the brake disks were glowing red!!! :doublesho The caliper had seized. :(

So this is how we arrived (2 hours late) to our christmas meal on the christmas day!

pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

Along comes the the 27th Dec and I now have to hope and prey that I can get a caliper (good luck!) and find someone to do it.

Nope to both!

My only hope was to get the car to Awesome GTI from Warrington which is only 7 miles but too far with a stuck caliper!

Rang the AA again hoping that it's no problem them getting me there as well.

Thankfully they came back to pick it up and take it to Awesome.

pickup3.jpg

So I'm back in Keighley now with no car (thankfully the van still!) and awaiting the call from Awesome as to when and more crucially how much!

CHUFFING CARS!!!!