Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

spoiler doesn't go up

tried differenet controllers but still my spoiler won't go up automatically. goes up manually and dwon automatically as i slow down but doesn't go up automatically - most annoying

any suggestions or anyone had similar problems?

Not been playing around the the stereo recently have you?? IIR one of the wires to the spoiler control is the same colour as one of the stereo ones, and if it is connected up by accident it stops the spoiler going up automatically.

haven't done anything with the radio and have tried a known-working spoiler controller but still the same - any more idea's?

What's the best way to get at the relay? Mine is doing the same thing.

elaelay

take the bottom plastics off and reach up behind. unplug plug and slide relay toward rear of car

My spoiler would only work off the switch when I bought the car. Pulled the fuse box out and noticed a plug (one of the small ones) unplugged- think it was on a blue and white wire. Plugged it in and the spoiler worked automatically :) Worth a look.

My spoiler would only work off the switch when I bought the car. Pulled the fuse box out and noticed a plug (one of the small ones) unplugged- think it was on a blue and white wire. Plugged it in and the spoiler worked automatically :) Worth a look.

worth a try.....

haven't done anything with the radio and have tried a known-working spoiler controller but still the same - any more idea's?

Yep, try the blue and light grey wire, that is the one that normally gets connected up after playing with the stereo as it is the same co,our as the lights dimmer circuit. Make sure that wire is connected up as it should be as if it is disconnected, or connected to something it shouldn't be, the spoiler will not go up automatically.

Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but I've checked all of my wiring, tried several different relays, switches, motors, all that jazz, and it still won't go up automatically... Is there something else that could be causing all of this?