Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Updated: Car trailer required - Cambridge area

Right, I have a slight problem, I need to get a car moved from Kent to Cambridgeshire, but the car has no MOT or Tax, so I need to find a car with tow bar and a car trailer! I don't suppose any of you guys would like to offer there services if they have these facilities?? Of course I'd cover the fuel at the very least.

Anyone?? ;)

My brother in law had his triumph towed from Durham all the way down to Windsor and it was quite suprisingly inexpensive..

Ill have a word with him and see where he got the contact from..

free bump, ive got the number of someone who does transport vehicles but not rung him yet. Hoping Wayne from CNM spares will get back to me as he said he can help

Fingers crossed

GAv

do you know anyone with an AA card? I dont think they check if a car has a current MOT or Tax on it, just disconnect something they wont be able to sort out there and then, and tell them it broke down when you got there and they should trailer it back for you.

do you know anyone with an AA card? I dont think they check if a car has a current MOT or Tax on it, just disconnect something they wont be able to sort out there and then, and tell them it broke down when you got there and they should trailer it back for you.

Do they not tow to the card holders address though?

Do they not tow to the card holders address though?

it depends what sort of cover you have i think, if you have roadside and relay i think they can take you to wherever you where going, in this case just tell them you where on your way to your home address.

when the clutch went on my van they trailered me from oxford to north wales, i had roadside, relay and homestart on that cover, and they dropped it off at my choice of garage.

I do have AA relay, but I wouldn't want to risk them not taking it back. or even fixing the bl00dy thing at hte side of the road and saying 'on your way!'

Goldie - interesting, let me know what you find out

Gav - Fingers crossed on the Wayne front

Update.

I've managed to bully one of my work colleagues into helping me with a Daihatsu 4Trak towing vehicle. I just need to find a trailer! I've called a few companies locally, but they aren't open on a Saturday, so picking up and dropping off on a Friday and Monday respectively is not possible.

Is there anyone in the cambridge area who can help??

Would be quite interested in an update on this especially with regards to companies & how much they charge.....did'nt even know there whhere such companies !!

Stu... LT/PL plates and a 4am run I've told you! :lol:

Yeah nice one, so get stopped by the rozzers and they do me for false plates as well! It's just not worth the risk... :(

Would be quite interested in an update on this especially with regards to companies & how much they charge.....did'nt even know there whhere such companies !!

Well, I found a couple of companies that will hire a trailer, ranging from £45-60 for the hire and £100-250 for the deposit. I'm using neither, as the bloke who is helping me with the towing has managed to find a local farmer who has hired the trailer for £30 and no deposit! How lucky is that!! :D

Well, I found a couple of companies that will hire a trailer, ranging from £45-60 for the hire and £100-250 for the deposit. I'm using neither, as the bloke who is helping me with the towing has managed to find a local farmer who has hired the trailer for £30 and no deposit! How lucky is that!! :D

The sun shines on the righteous my friend :lol:

Yeah nice one, so get stopped by the rozzers and they do me for false plates as well! It's just not worth the risk...

Mate you do a good Lithu impression already you'd have been fine...or you could have asked Mic to borrow little Broris and family now they have been evicted from their "arches" home..

as the bloke who is helping me with the towing has managed to find a local farmer who has hired the trailer for £30 and no deposit!

Do you have empty the cow S**t out of it first? :lol: