Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

9a Differential FPR??

Hi all,

I bought another not really needed bargain off Ebay the other day and it arrived today.

The item is brand new and is called a Differential fuel pressure regulator, the part number is 034 133 482.

I'm just wandering if anyone has any further information on this part, maybe some sort of data sheet? i'm especially interested in what happens if i turn the adjustment screw on it?

Ta

... i'm especially interested in what happens if i turn the adjustment screw on it?

Ta

I wouldn't, the ECU controls this in place of the mechanical Warm Up Regulator on the 1.8 16v, I'd imagine it's factory calibrated and I've heard of 9A metering heads causing major problems if they're tampered with in an attempt to rectify running problems caused by other components, like leaking vac hoses or dodgy lambda probes.

If you want to tune the 9A system (for headwork or cams for example) it really needs a re-map.

Cheers for the reply David!

I dont know what to do now then, i'm always keen to replace 12-13 year old electrical parts with "new" bits going on the theory that it'll last another 12-13 years....

Obviously i'm not going to go in and start turning adjustment screws randomly, i would compare it to the other one but there i a chance of it being 180* out.....

Measure it with a metre dude...

Yan might have some info on this as it may well need setting up like the CO-Pot on the 60

Who wrote that PPC K-Jet article? If it was Dave Walker then just phone/email him...

Good idea, will do. will have a look again through that article, i believe that this is one of the parts that makes mine KE-Jet...