Sign in to follow this  
VR6C

Grinding noises from n/s rear - Pls help!!

Hi guys

My corrado (94 VR6) has recently started making a very annoying grinding noise coming from the left rear wheel.

Ive jacked the car up and rotated the wheel and I can hear the noise - looks like the calipers are sticking. Have now taken the wheel off and when rotating the hub I can tell that the brakes are definitely binding.

Is there a temp (boj) fix that I can undertake until I get all the necessary parts required to fix it right?

Also what do you guys recommend I replace? 1 caliper or both sides? Handbrake cables? Pads?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Hi. sounds like handbrake mechanism has partially seized. i personally rarely use my handbrake, except when I have too.

You could try partial dismantle on car and go the bucket of WD40 route. Alternatively you can get recon calipers. About 80 bucks a side I think. Common problem. I think I also read on here somehting about an upgrade, but can't remember what it was.

Good Luck

Check rear wheel bearings as well, that will cause awful noises too.

Thanks for that

I think the upgrade uses calipers from a MK4 but I just want it sorted.

£80 a side for the calipers! If I have to do both sides thats £160 down the shitter in the first week of the year. Great start!!

Any more help guys??