Sign in to follow this  
moore1

drivers window cant open

any help will be great. the electric window works on the passengers side but not the drivers side.when i press the electric switch all i hear is a clicking noise from the rear drivers side door card. very confusing. any clues. corrado k reg 16v thanks

Think thats the window control module you can hear behind the rear drivers side panel.. Could be a dead motor? Only realy way to find out will be to get the door card off and rig a 12v feed direct to the motor then work from there :?

thats right, its the control module clicking, your window is either stuck...or you need a new motor/mechanism...mines broken too but if you want a new one they are £185 from VW. try for a second hand one but as the motor is held in with rivits you have to drill them out and fit the new one with some bolts...its quite fidly to be honest (cheers vw)..lol

Yup second that. I had the same problem. Luckily had a spare door with motor intact. Still took about 2 1/2 hours cursing and swearing.............. :lol:

any help will be great. the electric window works on the passengers side but not the drivers side.when i press the electric switch all i hear is a clicking noise from the rear drivers side door card. very confusing. any clues. corrado k reg 16v thanks

was it ever fixed?