Sign in to follow this  
DanVW

Drvers side handle buggered

Having gone once last year I replaced the broken part with a new one from Dave16v

all was well for the next year or so apart from the handle being very stiff despite

being well greased up :lol: anyway last Thursday morning I tried to open the car and the handle

broke again, but this time it was the pivot part of the mech that has gone so looks like it replacement

time :-( anyway just as a warning if you have replaced the usual bit that breaks and the handle is stiff

strip it and work out why! Dont leave it till it breaks something else!

Dan

There was always the chance that the next weak point in the handle would surface once the new striker arm is fitted.

Not knocking your replacement Dave they are top notch and have saved everyone from buying

new VW handles :thumb right: plus I have not heard of anyone else having this problem so

it should not put anyone else off, I just wanted to let people know that if you do find the

handle quite stiff after replacement make sure you strip and check why its stiff rather than

ignoring it like me :(

Anyway I have sorted a replacement driverside handle from DubNut that is broken in the usual

place so I will be making good from bad next weekend :D