Sign in to follow this  
h51mon

New Member Update..27/01/08

Just thought I would post up a couple of snaps of my Rado now that I finally managed to finish detailing the outside and have swapped the rims over.To be honest with the weather and dark nights ended up buffing a panel at a time .The neighbours think Im nuts.Any way here goes

As I bought it .......complete with scratches and swirls....

Rado031107005.jpg

Rado031107006.jpg

Then after some work..Not the best of photo's.....

Rado031107011.jpg

Forgot to apply dressings to door rubber (Rushing I guess).

Rado031107014.jpg

Rado031107015.jpg

Rado031107016.jpg

The only other thing added to date is a 57i Induction kit.

The next step is to clean the interior and try to mint up the engine bay.

Cheers for looking..

Looks lovely!

You might find that as you have more updates that it's easier to add to your existing thread so it provides a nice history as to what you've been doing. Sort of a historical record if you will ...

Thanks Fella's.Makes all the hard work worth it when the end result is good.

Now that I have opened this thread will keep it updated as I go along.

Finished Engine Bay:

Just to keep the post up to speed spent the last week or so cleaning the Engine bay and inside of hood.

Quite pleased to be honest took a lot of elbow grease and time but really happy only thing I may need to spend more time on is the Manifold and head.Not sure exactly what to use to bring it up as new.Maybe if anybody has done it previously might let me know.Anyway the photo's

BEFORE

Rado031107001.jpg

Major buildup of grime and in the past had been coated with what they used to call Engine Lacqor which at the time looks the business but once it gets hot nightmare to remove and discolours everything over time

AFTER

14012008030.jpg

14012008029.jpg

14012008032.jpg

Like I say not perfect but a vast improvement and a little more time spent I will be well pleased..

wow, what a difference! Good to see that another one has ended up with someone who cares... Do you have any plans?

Cheer mate.Not many plans maybe change to eibach springs and go clear with the side repeaters and smoked rear clusters but other than that leave as nature intended.

Just need to mint up the interior and thats the cleaning sorted.

Still going on the cleaning front.Have managed to finish the interior which is good because it stank a bit and my missus wouldn't sit in it.Anyway some before and after snaps.

BEFORE

Rado0311-1.jpg

Rado0311.jpg

21012008036.jpg

21012008038.jpg

DURING

24012008044.jpg

AFTER

27012008045.jpg

27012008047.jpg

27012008046.jpg

27012008048.jpg

Thats the car pretty much done from a cleaning point of view and now it is in this condition ,far easier to maintain and keep mint.

Just needs an oil change and top up and thats it for now....

Another detailing perv! Looks like Rob (Herisites) has competition....

Nice to see another saved and being brought back to "good" condition....

Really does look fantastic - been meaning to do my engine bay for ages. This might spur me into doing it! How long you had your Corrado matts? I've had mine for a year or so - it's fun trying to keep the white Corrado script clean! :roll:

thanks for comments guys.To be honest with the mats ,the drivers side is a bit worn so have opted for the rubber type more hard wearing.

Just a quick bump.Might be looking to sell in the near future .If anybody interested please drop me a PM.Cheers..

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have the rare black and purple seats (rear bench WITH armrest) I want so badly!

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have the rare black and purple seats (rear bench WITH armrest) I want so badly!

They are in just about every VR6 1994 on! Black with purple "champagne flutes"....

My car sold today.Really gutted to see it go but a friend bought it so will still be able to keep an eye on it.

What I did find hard though was the lack of interest they recieve.Placed it for sale everywhere and only a few calls.Would be a shame if the desire to own one is killed off by rising fuel and tax prices..