Sign in to follow this  
klin

G60 non start

more woe with my G60,just replaced coolant hoses,thermostat and fan switch,decided to go for a quick blast,let engine warm up,drove out my gate after about 20 seconds the engine cut out and refused to restart :?.

I checked for spark at each plug(all fine) and checked to see if fuel is reaching the injector rail(it is),all electrical connections look ok/connected

have tomoro off work so tryin again in the morning(too dark now),any ideas or suggestions would be great and speed things up tomoro,cheers :)

yeah fuel is reaching the fuel rail and engine is turning over(starter ok),been looking through previous post,ecu relay mentioned alot,can i bridge this out to check if its the problem

yeah fuel is reaching the fuel rail and engine is turning over(starter ok),been looking through previous post,ecu relay mentioned alot,can i bridge this out to check if its the problem

i'd buy one as they are not too expensive and it is a good idea to have a spare one.

are these only available from main dealer or can i get one at my local motor factor(lots closer),thans for quick reply

are these only available from main dealer or can i get one at my local motor factor(lots closer),thans for quick reply

tbh i'm not sure,but for such an integral part I would go to a dealers(Or at least GSF).

IMO anyway.

latest non start update,ecu relay clicks in when ignition on and spark at plugs so ecu relay ok,inspected plugs which were damp after trying to start so fuel getting into cylinders,engine turns but wont start,crank bolt is ok(six sided bolt not 12 or star shaped head,cganged by previous owner),no oil in water or mayonnaise on oil cap,time to start pulling my hair out :mad2:

Have you actually tried known working relays and a new switch?

Can you measure the resistance of the Blue Temp Sensor or try plugging the blue loom into the black sensor...

My money is probably on the Hall Sender after these...

thanks supercharged,swapped over blue and black temp sensors,it spluttered into life roughly,i let it idle for ten minutes then swapped the sensors back,still idled perfecrtly with alot of exhaust smoke,went for a quick drive but it stalled goin from 2nd to 3rd,i stamped on the throttle in 3rd,persume it flooded with too much fuel,does this sound right,hopefully bts will sort it out :D