Sign in to follow this  
timg60

38.8 mpg in a G

P060108_23.02.JPG[/attachment:9xe0ha29]

Boy did that take some effort. 12 mile journey home. Not going above 55. And gentle speed increase with a fair bit of coasting on downhill bits :lol:

must get out more :? :?

Once got 38 on a trip to Scotland from Oxford in a 1.8 GTX Scirroco. Ahhhh the days of cheap petrol. Sadly gone forever. Thank you Mr Bush

Over 50,000 miles in my previous G60 I averaged 36.4mpg

The Nugget, which is far from standard mechanically easily returns over 30mpg on a regular basis

i used to drive the g60 below 30miles a day down the motorway and the above became something of a slow-paced hobby (geek!) here was my best:

000_0086.jpg

DSC001551.jpg

sadly this was shortly followed by some not so slow-paced driving and it ended up in the scrappies :(

Bugger, I still have some way to go :lol: was aiming for 40mpg but bont think I have the patience........ :lol: :lol:

i forgot to mention that anything above 30mpg really is some achievement. i think i was going 60-65 mph to achieve the above, and that was with the lambda disconnected! i would never normally use my mobile whilst driving but these kind of figures are not to be ignored! cheaper than an lpg conversion!

i forgot to mention that anything above 30mpg really is some achievement

I'm not so sure - done 340 miles over the last week in my G60, mixture of cross country and 80'ish on M1 / M6, I always check fuel consumption by brimming and dividing mileage done by fuel put in - I averaged 33.6mpg

I certainly wouldn't say that I drive overly gently, I'm disappointed if I ever actually drop below 30mpg

If I put a full tank in and drive as normal. Most of it communting 25 miles a day, (no chance for her to really warm up). I rarely get over 20ish mpg and only get about 280 miles to the tank. Really hurts with the petrol prices at the moment. Hence the experiment in frugal driving :lol:

Dont know if it will last much longer. Any idea how boring 55 is.................. :lol: :lol:

andy 655 - u are lucky. 30 plus users are DEFINITELY in the minority g60 wise. i know 4 g60 owners i share a unit with and they are all in the sub 20 bracket normally!!!

most g60 engine's can achieve 30+, i'm not questioning that. i suppose it depends on the variables (engine set-up, lead foot, etc etc) :D

Usually get between 17 and 20 mpg in town. Most I have ever had in town was 22 mpg. Most ever had on open road was 30 mpg, usually average around 25-28 mpg. But then, my G60 is not exactly standard........ :)

I really can't see the point in having a 'performance' car and being bothered about fuel consumption. I spend more time seeing how *low* I can get the economy!

really can't see the point in having a 'performance' car and being bothered about fuel consumption. I spend more time seeing how *low* I can get the economy!

this is a common and valid point made. if i had my performance car in a garage during the week, had a relatively short distance to travel to work, or was loaded, this would be fine. i suppose my only comment is that we work all week to buy/maintain/improve/insure/tax our vehicles, but when a 70 mile round trip to work is the harsh reality, a leash of some sort must be put on those expenditures. (no prices for guessing the main one)

the 'point' depends on if you have the resources to drive the car how it was meant to be driven. i dont (spending approx £260 last month alone on juice) doing the boring run to work, a place i spend as much time getting to as possible anyway :)

Ive had 36+ out of my VR. Well chuffed with that. Mind you the 3mile tail back behind me didnt appreciate it that much as I drove like a granny trying to eek that extra 0.1 on the guage..lol