Sign in to follow this  
joedakio

Chrome door handles

i am fitting some kerscher karmonas (9x16 all round) to my gun-metal grey rado and think the 'bulky' looking black plastic standard door handles will look a little rubbish.

as the wheels have a polished deep dish i believe some chrome handles would be in keeping with the overall look.

ive searched the forum as well as e38 and have found no definite supplier of this part.... im sure there must be one out there. can anyone help?

thanks for your response.

i have had the same response from ed38. do i mean metal handles? im sure i have seen corrados will a thinner metal style handle oppose to the black, bulky look.

another suggestion is to have A6 handles grafted in. any ideas of the cost of such modification as i have seen a few like this

cheers

I've not seen any metal handles on a rado ever mate, if you could get hold of metal handles then you could have them chromed fairly cheaply but i'm pretty sure they don't exist, there's a very small chance that a euro or american company make metal/chrome handles but like I say - i've never seen them for sale or on a car.

Thinking about it, it's pretty suprising no-one's ever made replacement handles as the rado ones are crap on many levels :lol:

If you use the search, I expect you'll find some threads on the audi handle mod, it's fairly expensive to do but does make a big difference - the rado handles are pretty ugly tbh.

The easiest/cheapest way of making them not stand out as much is obviously to have them colour coded which is fairly popular.