Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Black ploom of smoke

After driving back from stealth, where I had new coil pack/MAF/ECU/Lambda probe fitted I came to a junstion and waited. The car then missfired (popping sound), looked in my mirror and saw a big ploom of smoke coming from my exhaust. According to my girlfriend who was following in her car, it only happened that once and was very brief but noticeable.

I thought nothoing more of this and assumed it to be the ECU reseting itself somehow, but today it happened again.

What could be the cause, should I be worried. Best description is as if it was a burst of fumes from a diesel under hard acceleration.

Car works fine otherwise, only noticeable problem is it sometimes takes a while for the engine to start while cranking. This is my first VR so dont know the usual symptoms

any help welcome

Thanks

Obviously over fuelling like mad for some reason, but agreed with Andy. Stealth had it last, so best speak to them as it could be anything!

Needs to go on VAG-COM first to see if any sensors are misbehaving.