Sign in to follow this  
the delta force

Lucky but costly escape... UPDATED PICTURES

Nice one - I'd say these cars are getting to the point where wishbones may as well be changed as it's more cost effective than just changing bushes but that subframe is the worst i've seen on any Corrado or MK2 Gold for that matter - I assume your car spent some time by the sea!

Whats the front rad support and rear beam like?

They are o.k. I have had it coming up to four years and I brought it down to London from Preston.

The subframe itself was 204.00 + VAT... quite a bargain really.... Because it cheaper than I thought I getting John to do some other things to it which he recommended...

I'll put some pictures up in a week or so under a new thread...

Funny thing is 2cc has had a subframe on order with VW for a flipping age and they keep saying they can't get one for him. Is the VR one different to the 16v one or are the same p/n?

Funny thing is 2cc has had a subframe on order with VW for a flipping age and they keep saying they can't get one for him. Is the VR one different to the 16v one or are the same p/n?

Looking at ETKA they are the same 535 199 315. The front cross members are different but the subframes are the same. The only difference is for manual or automatic gearboxes

Interesting.. I think he'd be interested to know his local stealers is wasting his time!

Thanks for that mate.

Actually, I'm talking out of my ass....

535 199 315 C or D for valvers and G60's

535 199 315 E for VR's

I had almost the same thing happen to my old G60 just after I sold it to a friend :shock:

He was just driving along at about 30mph when it suddenly pulled him across the road. He managed to carry on very carefully to my dad's garage and it turned out the front mounting point for the wishbone had almost snapped off. We managed to get a second hand one that was in good condition for him but it's probably worth people getting their local garage to have a real good check over the major non-replaceable parts like this when they get their car serviced!