Sign in to follow this  
balboa

LUMPY ON COLD START

hey guys in me mk2 vr6.....when starting the car on a fairly cold morning for first few minutes when driving the car it feels very lumpy as tho its not running on all 6 cylinders......as soon as the car warms up its fine.....any idea what this could be...possible spark plugs????

thanks in advance.... :lol: 8) :D :) :lol: 8) :D :) :lol:

Sounds like temp sensor to me. Mine was shitte for a while. Turned out to be Blue Temp Sensor. ECU has three default settings if it's f / #"/%. Means the ecu thinks its -49 degrees for first few mins, then 20 degrees for a while then 77 degrees, and sets fuel etc for those temps

Vag com will tell you. I bought a lead from ebay and downloaded the shareware from ross tech. Best 20 quid i ever spent.

have fun, and don't worry, the new sensor is about 10 quid. Cheap fix for a C

Dic

Just wondered if you got it sorted and what the problem was as mines got similar symptoms.

If its a 16v, try the cold start valve. My wifes C is a 2 16v and her cold start valve has gone. The 2 16v does not have a blue temp sensor.(I don't think)

After about 5 mins, the car warms up and runs like a peach.

Have fun

Dic