andyzplace

Removing Glovebox

I need to get my glovebox out so I can drill it to run my hard drive cable through but I cant seem to get it past the dash.

Ive undone the 4 screws holding it in and it moves about freely.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Yeah, do a search on here. many people have had issues with it.

I pull and stick levers in from behind.

I now want to make a joke about a reacharound....

This job is a bitch to do.

Remove the lower shelf, then remove a plastic cover near the flap hinge to reveal some screw. Undo them and push it from behind.

Basically just keep pushin it, pullin it, swearing, cutting your hands, getting blood all over your nice new footwell mats, more swearing, few more teers.......... and out it will come!! Took me an hour!!

Just stick with it mate, it WILL come out!!

OK, so this is years later, but just eventualy got my glovebox out and sussed out what's going on.

As the others suggest far too much force is needed, but this might help reduce the amount of blood, sweat, and breakages!

In dash opening there's a metal panel edge above, and the 2 mounting metal brackets below. There's a stiffening bar moulded across the underside of the box that makes it deeper than the gap it has to fit through. Starting at one side lift the bottom up to get the stiffening bar onto the lower brackets. Then work it bit by bit, top then bottom to get the box out. The metal edges will cut into the plastic shaving bit's off until the stiffening bar gets past the lower brackets and it pops out.