Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Quick Scirocco update

Final production version revealed at Geneva Motor Show in March, UK sales start in August, most dealers will be supplied with about 10 cars for 2008 so about 2,500 cars max for the year

Anyone interested in buying needs to get a deposit down quick, if it replicates the Eos situation most of the years allocation will be pre-sold by the time its actually in the showrooms

Have you driven one yet Andy?

Think I might wait for an approved used. Some of the spy shots look a bit dodge. Although I may go and have a chat with my VW stealer at the weekend. They're only 5 minutes walk from my front door. :) Will they have any pics?

No Volkswagen Retailer will have any pictures, they are currently embargoed until the Geneva Motor Show - neither will any Retailer have any details on the car, you will probably know more than they do

i coould be tempted by one of these, wanna at least see some reviews etc before i get serious tho, could be crap, the corrado was so ace as the competition was pretty crap back then

I certainly don't think it will be as special as the Corrado, it should drive very well, being based on the MkV Golf but I doubt there will be a V6 version - that would put it in direct competition with the TT, think the overlap with the TT will start and end with the 2.0T version

VW need a coupe to compete with cars like the TT imo

Not too keen on the current VW range, nothing i'd call sporty there

I do like the current range. I think the styling of each car is quite nicely tied in and coherent as a whole. Although I was reading that everything is going to get another complete make over after the Passat four door coupe comes out to make the cars simpler to produce. It takes something like twice as long to build a Golf as it does a Focus IIRC.

My main concern with the Scirocco is how it will look. I loved the Iroc concept and would like the production car to look just like it, but I know it won't and I'm kind of bracing myself for disappointment in that department.

It would be a shame if there is no six pot but the 2.0T would do me anyway....

Think I might wait for an approved used. Some of the spy shots look a bit dodge. Although I may go and have a chat with my VW stealer at the weekend. They're only 5 minutes walk from my front door. :) Will they have any pics?

Wolsey in Ipswich wouldn't even take a deposit off me, absolutly useless in there, didn't have any details of the car or seem interested or enthusiastic in any way - I'm going to shoot up to Barnards one day next week as I had a good phone conversation with them this afternoon about it and it looks like they have some data altho nothing they can send out to customers yet... confirmed the deposit will be fully refundable though (£500)

Wolsey in Ipswich wouldn't even take a deposit off me, absolutly useless in there, didn't have any details of the car or seem interested or enthusiastic in any way - I'm going to shoot up to Barnards one day next week as I had a good phone conversation with them this afternoon about it and it looks like they have some data altho nothing they can send out to customers yet... confirmed the deposit will be fully refundable though (£500)

Yeah, get yourself down to Barnards mate. If they're saying the deposit is fully refundable (which sounds fair considering no customer has even seen what it looks like yet) I may go and have a word with them after all. I'll just have to sell lots of cars between now and August.... And if after March it turns out rubbish I can always get it back.

Yeah - was going to credit card it over the phone but the guy seemed quite enthusiastic to get me in and look at some of the data they have...

What the hell. I'll pop down tomorrow after I've been to my garage to pick up some brochures to give to people where I work now. He he, I'm selling cars to people at my old job before I've finished working my notice there.... :D :D :D

The reason that a Volkswagen dealer wants to get you in through the door is that they are targetted on NC1 (new customer contacts) - they have bonus money hanfging on generating a given number of new contacts over each quarter of the year.

Trust me, NO Volkswagen dealer has any data on the Scirocco

Yeah - was going to credit card it over the phone

You're buying an Iroc?! Or do you just want the novelty of having a deposit down on one? :)