Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Recaro question

was sat in car lastnight and wondered if its possible to swap the drivers seat for the passenger seat, the only prob i could see it that the electric controls are in the seat base, but could that be detached from the actual seat?

the idea is so the bolsters get more even wear

Done this several times over the years with Recaros, quite easy to do once you've split the seat back from the base and then worked out how the seat base cover is fixed. I've done it for exactly the same reason i.e. you effectively get a new bolster on the outside of both seats :D

You're just up the road from me so if you get stuck, need any help give me a shout.

nice one.

i had trouble working out how to remove the seats, couldn't see where to start so gave up.

what i want to do is take them out and give them a nice proper clean and leather treatment then stick back in.

when you say separating the base is this just bolts/screws?

just read mine again, when i say base i meant the plastic base bit that the complete seats in on top of? i.e: not taking the leather seat base apart from the leather seat back

just read mine again, when i say base i meant the plastic base bit that the complete seats in on top of? i.e: not taking the leather seat base apart from the leather seat back

nice one.

i had trouble working out how to remove the seats, couldn't see where to start so gave up.

what i want to do is take them out and give them a nice proper clean and leather treatment then stick back in.

when you say separating the base is this just bolts/screws?

The seat base is bolted to a metal subframe. Easy to remove the whole seat - just remove the plastic runner covers, unplug the looms under the seat, undo the single nut and bolt underneath the front of the seat and then slide the seat back and remove it from the car - mind your paintwork when your taking the seat out though :)

it was the plastic runner bits that i gave up on, the very first step. i couldn't see what to pull of and didn't wanna break anything? do i pull of the thing covering seat runners on the inside edge of seat, (against handbrake tunnel) do they come off from the back?

its always so dark inside the car and no room to do anything

The plastic runner covers have a plastic pin in the top of them behind the seat. You need to get that out first, then the runner covers just lift off.

Once you've got that far, slide the seat all the way back and undo the bolt that's on the front of the seat in the middle. That'll then let you slide it out of the runners.