Sign in to follow this  
zarman

Pre-Released News - DDI Ultiem Steering Wheel

Hi guys, here's a little inside news about a new DDI product introduced for this year. It has been secretly in development for 2 years and is a new evolution in aftermarket steering wheel because we feel what's out there is lack luster and falling behind the times with an old style. The design was to make something more OEM looking instead of the Momo cookie cutter types. This is the DDI Ultiem steering wheel! It's made from an aluminum billet mould. It's a really beautiful peice. It will have three different finishes: chrome, brush aluminum and anodized black. The horn housing is more intricate and hides the simple round "thumb" horn button within the horn housing. The Ultiem has much more depth and dimension to it like OEM steering wheels.

Available finish: Chrome, Brushed aluminum, anodized black.

Size: 350mm

Leather: black

Stitching colour: silver for chrome finish, black for brushed aluminum and anodized

Price: TBA

Release ETA: March 2008

IMG_6464sm.sized.jpg

Now the news you wanted to hear. We'll be making a horn with the Corrado silhouette as an option.

IMG_6136sm2.sized.jpg

A few pics inside the car.

IMG_6147sm.sized.jpg

MG_6166sm.sized.jpg

You'll hear news when it is closer to the release date!

Thanks

Never really been a fan of aftermarket steering wheels, but that looks very good! Would be good to see the anodized black finish!

I love the wheel but not sure if its too modern looking for a C

I think it the chrome finish, makes it a bit to bling, as Dec said, the black or brushed aluminium could look good

Yes that's the reason why we have a black finish which is more subtle. I must admit the steering wheel may not work with every interior especially the older types but for show cars and refinished interiors it will work extremely well.

Yes that's the reason why we have a black finish which is more subtle. I must admit the steering wheel may not work with every interior especially the older types but for show cars and refinished interiors it will work extremely well.

As I said above, any pics of the other finishes?????

We haven't had the chance to take pictures of the other finishes yet. But here is one of the black anodized part, http://dubdesignindustries.com/gallery/ ... /002sm.jpg

The brush aluminum is what you expect brush aluminum to look like, not a bright mirror shine but more like a satin silver.

Black anodised looks 8) and yes I know what brushed aluminium looks like, just wondered if you had pics as I'm interested :? Anyways, do you have a rough idea what the cost will be and will it fit straight on or require a boss? cheers :)

Billcor - apparently the wheel is designed to fit straight on to a Momo boss

Aahh, thats good news as I have a Momo Millenium fitted already, cheers :)

ooo, like that zarman, like that alot. Black anodized finished looks really good too :D :D 8)

love the TT door handles in that interior pic and thre corrado shadow, think a round horn push would look better though (flamesuit)

love the TT door handles in that interior pic and thre corrado shadow, think a round horn push would look better though (flamesuit)

True Ben.. I jut can't get the thought of 70's Datsun/Britiah Leyand "crash-safe" wheels out my head...

Not a pop but can you go with a round pad/push

On the upside, love the Rado sillouette as the badging..

The idea of the design is that it allows for some customizing. The badge in the horn area can be removed and a customized badge can be made/used in it's place. But there will be a corrado badge with the corrado outline in silhouette available as an option.

any news on when this will be available, and how much, have looked on the web site but nothing there... :?

Hi it's in production and will be released in about a month and a half. Price will be approximately $290CAD.

Thank you.

Hi it's in production and will be released in about a month and a half. Price will be approximately $290CAD.

Thank you.

approx £145.50......

MG_7829.sized.jpg

It's actually a metal piece from a part to make jewlery believe it or not. Painting plastic is no good as it will rub off or fade.