Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

OH BOOOOGGER!!!

I ve managed to snap a driveshaft in the old beast this afternoon quite how I dont know as they are indestructable but I ve managed it.!!! :( Looks like I wont be running it at santa pod unless any of you guys have one kicking around in your garages its the nearside one let me know if you've got one!!!

:shock:

bloody hell. as u say they're pretty hard to break. have no spares myself but hope u get sorted pdq. This sort of thing needs a "flash" post

sad for sunday.

by the by I see u are now a CCGB host - well done m8

Chris where does it say I'm a ccgb host thats news to me I offered to be one a while back in conjunction with what david chapman is already doing for the south east but no one actually confirmed what was going on so I left it couldn't be bothered with the aggro of chasing it up!!

No way! What were you doing exactly when it went? :wink:

Ant, says you're new regional host for West Sussex in the latest Sprinter (which is actually a flyer this time!). Says you're organising a big meet for next weekend.

You'll be suprised at what I can do with my banana darren :wink: :D

It seems that I am now the west sussex regional host, it was nice of them to inform me that they were making me a host wasn't it I knew nothing about it until you guys ppointed it out to me, I enquired about becoming a host back in november last year but havent heard from them since, it just shows you how well the club is actually run!! :(

So if any of you guys have any suggestions on events that you want me to set up for you guys let me know and I'll see what I can sort out!!! :D

god knows how u did it lol

but there is a few corrado breaking in the uk and you should be able to pick one of them

aslong as its not a vr any off them should just bolt straight on

alex

2.1 16v

heres a pic of the aftermath of what I ve got out of the inner cv joint it doesn't look as though the shaft has napped it looks like the casing for the shaft has dissintergrated around it hence the loss of drive, it's not really that bad as long as it hasn't caused any damage to the gearbox when it let go. I can do a shaft in about an hour and a half so once I get the new shaft I'll be up and running again!! there'll be more pics tomorrow I really cant be bothered to go out to the car now and take any too flippin cold and dark!!

Bit of an update, the driveshaft is fine it's the inner cv joint casing thats blown it's guts out I'm getting a new replacement for £35 from work so it's not as bad as I first though. It's a pretty easy job I ve got the driveshaft off and cleaned uo this evening took about 30 mins to buzz the driveshaft off. Cleaning it was a bit of a mission though CV grease is a flippin nightmare it's so thick and gungey!!!! :(

Hey there Glad to hear you you have it under control. I've broken a few Drive shafts like that before so I now have 2 spares on the shelf.

Here is a topic that explains a lot.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=646531

In the end new CV joints are best and rebuilt ones will fail. and then ther are BUILT DRIVESHAFTS: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/

I think I might have to buy some of the BUILT items soon