Sign in to follow this  
supercoupe

Supercharging VR6 fast enough???

Yea i am tempted by the turbo kit which is 3 large. But can't help but feeling the supercharger may just be alot easier to go with. I thinking i might go for the stage 2 vortech kit which is meant to kinck out 290BHP. can get it over here for about 2800 quid. I think that this would be more than enough power for the front wheels to cope with!! Got to sell the G60 first thou when i get back! If anybody you know is after a immaculate modified G60 pm me!!

I'd prefer to turbo a 24V VR6 to be honest. It's a better engine than the 12V.

Yeah Kev but we don't have them!

what do you mean you don't have em? we've had 24v VRs for at least a year over here.. i remember when the first GLI arrived at the stealership.. so surely you guys must get em? if not ship one from germany. 24v VR6 is a much better engine. if you're going to drop the cash on a charger, be it turbo or super, why not do it on the better engine?

I love the huge torque spread of mine!

is it a flat curve from about 2000rpm to 5500rpm? :roll: :D :twisted:

I am not hugely experianced with the VR6 but I went in chris vr6nos's Vr with the supercharger and also in his mates whihc does'nt have a charger.

I was suprised at the way it acted though I must admit but thats cos I am used to my G-ladar kicking in at 1500-6700 and the torque curve is now pretty flat but does rise abit as it gets higher.

Chris's car well once it hits 2500-3000 it just takes off and pulls real strong, it acts abit more like a turbo but thats me saying that cos I am used to my light little car which just takes off straight away.

From what I can tell the Vr needs to be reved abit to get going and once they are going they really do go and I'd say yes to a supercharger! turbo's are good but like ppl say you'd have to spend a fortune on engine internals, my mate put a turbo on his G40 , ok not the same as a VR, but still it was a turbo instead of a supercharger and yes the power gains where huge but the engine did'nt like it cos of the extra temps etc so it's now of getting some engine internal repairs and upgrades. Turbos are the way to go for big power but lots of money.

paul

Depends upon the driver, it's not slow but you get used to it and it becomes normal but it's not blinding.

Not to go on about things but there are some posts about my escapades on here, sure you can find them if you want.

Chris

chris

would you recomend nos to anyone?

just a thought as i am starting to hear more about it.

how does your VR handle it and is mileage a factor?

i'm just after some advice

cheers

PAul

turbo I would think is better for the power, (a p****d comment, good night though!!)

Ben - its all about power and a standard gearbox!!!!!!!!!!! :D

**Edited for swearing - Henny**

I'd prefer to turbo a 24V VR6 to be honest. It's a better engine than the 12V.

K

No doubt that 24V vr6 is better, the problem is how to get it?...