Sign in to follow this  
flusted

16V/G60 Thread

Im thinking of going down the 16v/g60 route and thought it would be a good idea to have 1 thread with lots of info in it.

I have a few questions.

Obviously theres a few different ways of doing the conversion but i was planning running a KR with a head spacer plate to lower compression?

I was planning on using a modified 20vt fuel pressure rail.

What alternator combo can you use to give clearance for charger? is it possible to use the mk3 8v gti alternator and brackets as this might sit it below the charger?

If i fit the 16v engine in the car with the compreesion lowered but without the charger fitted, would it still be drivable on the digi 1 management? if yes, should i run the standard chip and injectors or my red tops and sns?

Also can i use the g60 dizzy in the 16v block? is it a straight fit or do i have to change shafts?

Any tips,experiences, info appreciated,

Dude, why don't you use the Forced Induction 16v Thread? There is already some info in there on 16vG60 stuff...

Im thinking of going down the 16v/g60 route and thought it would be a good idea to have 1 thread with lots of info in it.

I have a few questions.

Obviously theres a few different ways of doing the conversion but i was planning running a KR with a head spacer plate to lower compression?

I was planning on using a modified 20vt fuel pressure rail.

What alternator combo can you use to give clearance for charger? is it possible to use the mk3 8v gti alternator and brackets as this might sit it below the charger?

If i fit the 16v engine in the car with the compreesion lowered but without the charger fitted, would it still be drivable on the digi 1 management? if yes, should i run the standard chip and injectors or my red tops and sns?

Also can i use the g60 dizzy in the 16v block? is it a straight fit or do i have to change shafts?

Any tips,experiences, info appreciated,

I did a fairly quick and dirty write up on some of the general 16v G60 pointers but the wiki is bust for logging in so I cant post it.

KR is better base due to engine breathing requirement.

20vt Fuel rail is fine, although if using standard inlet mani the BBM one is a very good product. (Stand mani wont work as tb has to be on gearbox side of block.

2.0l 8v alt setpu will work great although you will need to get the charger mount bracket and alt mount brackets joined together to get it to work.

Digi question, it should run but would be rubbish due to low comp, stock would be better but fueling is going to be way off.

Dont know as ETKA does not list the no. of teeth on the shaft, shaft change would be best but you will need pulley as well.

I am going to lock this up as it is really a niche engine build and there is already a FI 16v thread.