Sign in to follow this  
corrado g

Cycle rack fitting on the corrado

my only worry would be the top pad would be resting on the back window , as for the spoiler it would probably clear looking at the pic

just remove the inner boot panel and pull the manual spoiler handle out to stop the spoiler from raising, my rack used to clear the spoiler but the pointy spikes on the DMR pedals where a bit too close to it for my liking.

make sure there is no dirt or grit where the pads rest on the car or even better get some of that plastic scratch guard plastic film and apply it where the pads rest as they move around slightly and can mark the paint.

If you carry bikes a lot it might be worth investing in a set of roof bars and some Thule cycle carriers, very stable and means your bikes don't get crushed if someone rear ends you - not great for fuel consumption though. If you have the storage space, you can keep the whole lot - bars and carriers - bolted together as a single unit then just lift onto the roof and secure, some mates of mine do this and it's surprisingly quick. Or the other very secure system is one mounted on a tow ball, but I doubt anyone with a C would want to go there...

Personally I'd rather put the rear seats down, use a load of PVC sheeting to protect the boot or a custom-made boot liner, and carry the bikes inside the car. Better for fuel economy, more secure if you stop en route and saves your bikes getting road salt all over them. Not an option if you have passengers obviously, but two bikes with wheels off fit fine.

If you're fussy, buy a Dirtworker - low-powered jet wash that runs off the cigarette lighter socket - and rinse the bikes off after riding. See http://www.dirtworker.co.uk.

If you carry bikes a lot it might be worth investing in a set of roof bars and some Thule cycle carriers, very stable and means your bikes don't get crushed if someone rear ends you - not great for fuel consumption though. If you have the storage space, you can keep the whole lot - bars and carriers - bolted together as a single unit then just lift onto the roof and secure, some mates of mine do this and it's surprisingly quick.

A bit like this, travelled from Derbyshire to Suffolk this way, hammered the fuel but I've always been scared of a whole rack and bikes coming through the back window if I hit a bump!