Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

It doesnt matter what it ends up like so long as it doesnt end up like mine is now thats the main thing.

All im saying is it must understeer more with just the uprated front bar on, just keep looking and get one without her knowing :ignore:

Aww nice one mate i just became a daddy to a boy a week tomorrow, you will love it when your little one is here but oh my god what an experience the whole birth thing is, nothing can prepare you for it, seriously. Get ready is all i will say.

It doesnt matter what it ends up like so long as it doesnt end up like mine is now thats the main thing.

All im saying is it must understeer more with just the uprated front bar on, just keep looking and get one without her knowing :ignore:

Aww nice one mate i just became a daddy to a boy a week tomorrow, you will love it when your little one is here but oh my god what an experience the whole birth thing is, nothing can prepare you for it, seriously. Get ready is all i will say.

Congratulations dude, you must be chuffed. My missus is due in 7 weeks and I cant wait!

Yeh it does understeer a bit, I need to keep my eyes peeled for a bargin!

I want to ditch the Borbets and go back to 17's. I want something a little lighter as the borbs weigh a ton!!

I'm off to another RR day at some point in the near future so I want to have a proper run this time and get the number it deserves :wink:

Yet again my car has found itself at the mercy of an AA van.

Driving home last night and the rear drivers side coilover collapsed. Initially, I thought the topmount had gone, however it turns out the shitty alloy adjuster rings had exploded.

Removed the coilover today and the shock has seen better days, as in it no longer absorbs shock.

New pair on the way, cant complain at the service from Venom but it looks like my new wheels plan is on hold

damn were they fk coilies? i remember striping mine down and the adjusters cracked apart!

it does look pretty cool slammed that low

Yep FK coillies. I had the adjusters crack on the front when I went to raise my car before.

I'm just a little pi$$ed that the shocks are knackered too. :?

lol when i read it i thought it meant the turbo had broken!

so to see the coilovers bust didnt seem too bad! altho a bit poo-sheet!

what coilovers you gonna go for next?

lol when i read it i thought it meant the turbo had broken!

so to see the coilovers bust didnt seem too bad! altho a bit poo-sheet!

what coilovers you gonna go for next?

Lol, It's my poor punctuation in the title!

I've gone for another pair of FK Konigsports. I spoke to Venom where I originally got them from who are going to send me out the rears.

I think it's only drivers side shock that is fubar'd, probbaly from dropping the weight of a Corrado with a full boot on it.

Going to smother the new adjusters in grease to seal them, and also check the fronts to make sure they dont suffer the same fate.

New coilies are here, guess what I'm doing tomorrow :D

Cant wait to get her back on the road! have a couple of other little purchases lined up too 8)

New coilies on and she's as quick as ever. Managed to have everything changed in a little over an hour.

It must have been the first job I've done where nothing else has gine wrong!

I suspect the rear shock has been dodgy for a while as she handled like a dream, I was able to hold a nice line and more speed through corners.

car still looking good,cant believe its near two years since i commented on this thread. question for you, did you find out why your speedo was chasing the rev counter,mines been doing that and on a strip down couldnt see anything amiss,am relying on judgement to know what speed im doing but would like it back to normal.cheers

Few pictures:

New coilovers before I fitted them

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf10092010247.JPG[/attachment:9xz5kvhf]

And took a trip out today to pick up this:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf18092010248.JPG[/attachment:9xz5kvhf]

And resulted in this

18092010249.JPG[/attachment:9xz5kvhf]

Next job is to tidy up the boot :nuts:

Hey pal, rear brace looks the biz,was it one of the group buy jobs and does it make any difference?

Yeh its the same as the group buy ones, spot on bit of kit and well made. To be honest I havent driven my car in a manor to see if it has made any difference, but hopefully I'll get the chance to get on the airfield at work to give it some beans :lol:

Nothing exiting but had a couple of bits arrive today.

New aerial to replace the previous one that was nicked. This one loctite'd on.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf12102010252.JPG[/attachment:a6he97xk]

And some Wind Deflectors, always like the look of these so treated myself.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf12102010254.JPG[/attachment:a6he97xk]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf12102010255.JPG[/attachment:a6he97xk]

12102010256.JPG[/attachment:a6he97xk]

More to come....

cool touches, what make are those deflectors, thinking of treating myself soon too :)

They're the ones of Ebay. Fit really well.

Little pi$$ed now as I've just gone to to go for a drive and found a flat tire with a screw through the side of it :(