Sign in to follow this  
djmac56

Cleanup after heater matrix disaster - smoke etc

A few months back after my matrix went bang the Phirm replaced my matrix for me. However, still even now I have the left over smell and smoke of G12 coming through my vents when I turn the heater on which fogs the windows up. It makes my eyes sting and to be honest makes driving the car pretty unpleasant. It seems that even with all vents closed it still escapes.

I'd hoped that it would all burn off but it hasnt. I wish the guys had washed out all the tubing etc, but as they didnt, does anyone have suggestions?

Do you think I'll have to have it all taken apart? Is it an easy job? Would someone like Keith at Chertsey be able to sort it? This time of year, driving with the windows open is horrible.

Thanks,

Mark

I guess it's hard for me to tell if it's still leaking or not, given the smell. I've dropped the guys at the Phirm a line via email. They're pretty brilliant there, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted - but until then I have to put up with greasy windows, which windowlene can't seem to cut through!

Is there a product that wont burn my ear hair out, that I can use to clean up the carpets and windows in the meantime?

Mark

My wife would have other opinions on me losing my ear hair, but that's a different matter.

I guess it's hard for me to tell if it's still leaking or not, given the smell. I've dropped the guys at the Phirm a line via email. They're pretty brilliant there, so I'm sure they'll get it sorted - but until then I have to put up with greasy windows, which windowlene can't seem to cut through!

Is there a product that wont burn my ear hair out, that I can use to clean up the carpets and windows in the meantime?

Mark

My wife would have other opinions on me losing my ear hair, but that's a different matter.

:lol: ear hair....ha,i used car polish to get that crap off the windscreen and my carpets ive always removed them and jet wahsed them as you will never get it out otherwize :(