adamukcorrado

BMC CDA, how is yours set up???

You only need a short bracket piece (6 inches at most, bendable, with a few holes drilled) , pretty sure Halfords do them.

I had some issues with getting the BMC the right way around first time:? If you look carefully there is writing on the ends of the filter housing "air flow side" and "engine side" but this is what the airflow side should look like (picture courtesy of CazzaVR):Attachments

Just got my lovely BMC.

Only thing is that there was no mounting bracket included, does anyone know whether halfords do anything that might fit? I've emailed BMC to check anyways.

Also, the filter has one end which is kinda squared off (into a diamond I guess) I take it this is the end furthest from the MAF?

Andy

You only need a short bracket piece (6 inches at most, bendable, with a few holes drilled) , pretty sure Halfords do them.

I had some issues with getting the BMC the right way around first time:? If you look carefully there is writing on the ends of the filter housing "air flow side" and "engine side" but this is what the airflow side should look like (picture courtesy of CazzaVR):

Am 12bhp down after fitting one of these but just taken it apart to clean and seen I had it the wrong way round! Previous obvious when you look at it, feel like a right muppet!

Dave is in the process of making one up for me out of stainless. Will be really high quality unlike the one that was on there already. They always fatigue eventually so stainless is the way forward...

It's slightly better to mount them onto the strut tower, as then you can take it on and off without worrying about stripping the threads out of your tensioner mount. You have to do them back up really tight, otherwise the belt squeals...

That said, mine is on the tensioner bolt ;) I believe the MAF is 3" (76mm) and the CDA is 80mm so you'll need to stretch the coupler slightly to get it over the filter end. If you go for a hose the right diameter to just slip onto the CDA you'll struggle to get a good seal around the MAF.

Stone

wheres the best place to get the metal bit for the clamp which stops it wiggling around

Buy the "fitting kit" from stealth.

Cazza,

I know that Dave is working on a mounting bracket for your BMC.

Mine arrived this morning but it may have a few bits missing as it was an eBay special.

Could you post up or pm me a picture of how it's all installed.

Now I have one, we may be able to have a quicker turn around on the bracket as Dave can use mine to mock it up.

Cheers

Mark

Here is my Heath Robinson bracket, could probably make it a bit better these days, but its worked fine for years and tens of thousands of miles

2012-03-03141040.jpg

20120926_110855.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

One of mine with Dave's 'test' bracket...

Mark, you should have: silicone MAF coupler inc 2 X jubilees; the circular mounting bracket that goes around the BMC; corrugated metal intake hose + jubilee (not fitted on any of the pics above); mounting bracket (attaches to tensioner).

Edited by CazzaVR

Upon closer inspection it would appear I don't have the correct unit.

The back end of mine isn't round so going to take it to work and see if I can make a fitting to suit.

On the plus side, when the Rado is off the road, I can take the BMC off and put it straight onto my golf!