Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Full respray?

Thanks for the advice boiling water great stuff at last saving a bit of cash!!

Smudge.

i have been quoted 2 k from a few paint shops for a full respray and sorting a few minor bits dings in doors an a little bubble of rust on arch bonet etc. there not doin a glass out respray tnhough as its mates rates now for 1200 quid and there gonna wet sand it re buff after wards and detail it so im happy with that

fella, i am in bristol and looking for a good respray, need some work doing to the evil that is the rust around my sunroof,

anybody know a good one, i am banking on about £2000 to get it all sorted,

going to order the paint myself from a mate at Akzo Nobel

paint code for Nugget Yellow is LK1B aint it?

Martin (Vr6 souths) paint work is great and i can vouch for the place he used as they have done my grill and rear panel, along with ABs old Rado and his Mk3 which looks brilliant...

Grahams paintwork is also spot on, not sure who did it but its a lovely job..

I know Mike G60 (auberg) on here is having his Edition one painted by Greg Howell at Southam bodies, this guys work is perfect, not cheap but from what ive seen 100% spot on. Mikes Golf will be back on the streets in about 4 or 5 weeks so that should give everyone an idea od the guys work..

Im just like everyone, id love to have my car redone, there are marks here and there which once ive noticed them just stand out. Its a long way down the list though, all in good time...

Formerly mike_g60,auberG and now

the guy that i have lined up to do it is very good. He does alot of work for VW repairing transit damage on new cars and has sprayed a mates motorbike.

Not been to see him with car yet tho.

i take this back!!!

was told he was good, but after seeing his work for myself i decided he is crap :mad2:

too scared to use him now, saw some work he had done and it felt gritty all over, you could see lumps in the laquer (dust)? and to top it off he had polished in some nice swirls and hologramming into it aswell

rearview mirrors can you get replcment black plastic bits or can the paint shop paint upto the black plactic without messing it up?

These come apart quite easily mate, pop the glass out to reveal 4 screws to seperate the coloured bit from the black. They could be masked but this is best avoided!