Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Best way/products to secure leather to door card?

Looking for some advice. :(

While I'm removing my leather door cards for another job, I also want to tidy up the edges as the leather has come off of the back of the card and looks a mess.

My main questions is whats' the best thing to use to stick it back on?

Thought about staples but the card isn't thick enough for the smallest ones I've found so far, (6mm), so looking for another option? Maybe some kind of glue/epoxy? But which will do the job pretty quickly and not end up all over the place or knacker the leather?

Any advice appreciated.

Also, do you need to remove the back seats to remove the rear door cards? :?

Spray on carpet glue (B&Q) is what i used when completely upholstering the door cards. Spray it onto the leather/material and the door card, then wait about 15s before pushing the two together and holding them there for a few minutes. That should hold them together. You do have to get the back seats out to get the rear door cards, off. There are two bolts for each seat at the split point, and then u need to get to the pivot point on the outer aspect of each seat and have a look, there is a lever at that point, inside the mechanism that you can push with a flat headed screwdriver. You can then lift the seats out having pulled the release tab at the top of the seat. Up by the top of the seatbelt there is a plastic piece that has two screws in it, remove that. Also there is a screw down by the base of the door, remove that. Now give the rear doorcard a good yank and it should come loose. You can either do what u need to do now with the seatbelt still in place or u can use the wheel spanner from the boot to undo the large bolt at the bottom of the seatbelt and remove the whole unit.

Hope this helps

Tim