mrbeige

Gooney, son of Badcrumble

Sorry Stu,

Won't be today, got a phone call saying my mate won't be at work today because he's stuck in spain. Don't know how that happened but my boss was annoyed with me because i have him off and another one of my engineers called in sick. Work that out, sometimes i can never win. I will have a word with him as soon as he is back. Did you do much to the gooney over the weekend?

No worries dude, no massive hurry anyway.

Spent most of the weekend striping the other one to be fair. Just the subframe, rear axle and pedal box to come out now. Then I can punt the shell on (hopefully)

Thought i'd post a pic of my nice paperweight,

Turbo.JPG[/attachment:2r16cdq6]

Thought seeing the pic might make you, and then gooney move a bit faster..

Thought seeing the pic might make you, and then gooney move a bit faster..

Darren, you are a bad bad man :lol:

Hmmmm, I should pull my finger out really! Need to get on with it :twisted:

Well do it!! Don't know about the injectors though. If they fit (which they should) the yellows should be good for upto 300hp plus they are cheap so they would also get you going. I know they are not greens but the price difference is huge...

any updates? it's been ages :lol:

Happy birthday by the way :)

Cheers dude!

No updates at the mo, been otherwise busy. Formulating plans though! :twisted:

Cracked on with some work on Gooney yesterday.

Thought I'd remove the side strips as the O/S door one was almost off anyway. All went really well until the last one on the N/S door and it took about 4"s of paint off :sad: hmmm, need a respray now :tongue:

Investigated the front screen seal, as it looked a little ropey and there are a couple of tiny rust spots by it. I replaced it with the one from gooney and tried to clear all the gunk out from underneath it. I think that I'll get the screen out for the respray and try and cure all the rusty bits around it. It does look quite bad.

I also investigated the excess handbrake movement, and it appears it is suffering from seized rear N/S caliper. So I preceeded to remove the mk4 calipers of the badcrumble and fit them to Gooney. Well, typically enough the unions on the copper part of the brake pipe had seized together, so ended up having to cut the first pipe I saw :( , which was on the O/S. Will see what happens with the N/S today.

Whilst I was under there, I noticed the suspension is Koni!! :shock: well pleased about that.

Also need to get the exhaust fitted. Removed it and all the hangers from Badcrumble. Everything looks ok, but at the very back just behind the rear bumper there is only a single mounting hole for the Magnex bracket. Will have to see if that fits or not, I suppose.

keep up the good work mate :salute:

hmmmm shouldnt you be out there doin some more rather than chattin online :lol:

Erm, probably..... :hitler:

nice one stu. will be good to see gooney up and running-by that i mean up and running with an mot :)

thats a touch on the koni's :)

nice one stu. will be good to see gooney up and running-by that i mean up and running with an mot :)

thats a touch on the koni's :)

Indeed, indeed!! :wink:

Right, bit more progress today, rain called off play :(

Both rear mk4 calipers are on, just need to get a brake pipe done, for the O/S, next week and job done.

Lupo wipers on.

Most of the glue for the side strips is off, but some of it is being a right pain in the arse. Anyone suggest what I could use to get it off?

Next on the agenda is sorting the exhaust, but that will probably be for next weekend now....or maybe tomorrow.... :norty:

At home there's a product called 'goo-gone' if its availebl here it will work a treat.

otherwise, try lemon, the citric acid will break that stuff down, it just may take a while.

At home there's a product called 'goo-gone' if its availebl here it will work a treat.

otherwise, try lemon, the citric acid will break that stuff down, it just may take a while.

Not sure I've heard of 'goo-gone', but I'll give the lemon a go... :)

Chuffing Konis! you jammy twat! :censored:

Lol thatll explain why he was so smooth. Good to see you cracking on mate, looking forward to see this after mot time

Gav

Chuffing Konis! you jammy twit! :censored:

Lol thatll explain why he was so smooth. Good to see you cracking on mate, looking forward to see this after mot time

Gav

I was a little surprised myself! I saw the yellow struts and thought "ay up, what's this", rubbed off some of the muck at the bottom of the strut and, hey presto... :grin:

Looking forward to getting him MOT'd to be fair. End of the month hopefully. Just the exhaust to sort out now, then a quick check over everything, and we should be good :cheers:

good job mate, will hopefully be up and running when i next time I pop over then.

With a bit of luck, yes mate :D

if u get ya finger out an stop messin about that is :tongue:

Yessir :hitler: :lol:

i've no need to talk really,not done that much to me wheels since i got um :lol:

Well, sort it out then?? :)

Took a couple of pics this morning on my phone......

Removed side strips... :shades:

sid_strips.jpg

Lupo wipers on :)

lupo_wipers.jpg

Hmmm, depression on the paint :eek:

door.jpg

Sorry about the paint dude, you could try and blend the patch in for a while to make it look better. Had to do the same thing on the girlfriends car not long after i got it for her. As long as you flat off the patch first and prime etc etc, it should look ok. Just flat off each layer after it drys and remask the new area slighty larger to try and blend it better. Thats what i done anyway and you would struggle to see it unless you know its there.