Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

KR engine bay pics please...

Hi guys,

have got a few missing connectors on my Corrado (still with Russed16 at the mo)

There's a brown 2-pin connector at gearbox end (fits on the WUR and on the cold start injector, but they have a white and blue connector respectively)

Also a few random 1-pin jobbies floating round that end - green/red striped item and also a white/black(?) item too.

Any pictures of the loom and connectors around the engine bay will be massively helpful.

I will actually send you cash money. That's no lie.

So, anyone who has an early 1.8 16v and a hi-qualitee camera, go crazy....

8) 8) 8)

Let me know the wire colours and I will check the wiring manual to see where it is all suppossed to go.

The random 1 pin jobbies are probably for the additional instruments, these were built into all looms, so oil pressure and battery volts. Or look at the fan overrun thermal switch.

Cool, cheers.

There's a 2-pin brown square connector, exactly the same as the blue cold start injector, and the white WUR connector. Any ideas?

Thanks for the 1-pin connectors, I won't worry about them for now then.

what is the fan overrun thermal switch, i can only think of the 3-pin items connecting to the fan itself and also the temp switch in the bottom of the rad.

what is the fan overrun thermal switch, i can only think of the 3-pin items connecting to the fan itself and also the temp switch in the bottom of the rad.

Oh! makes sense... That was probably the loose single spade that came out of the fan loom! Why didn't I think of that? :(

The fan overrun keeps the fan going after the engine is switched off, and I think is triggered by a sender in the block? Result is that the coolant in the rad gets fanned for longer if the engine is hot, so that you have cool coolant if you start up again soon after stopping. At least, that's my understanding, but as you know, I'm just a curious enthusiast - I'll leave the definitive statements for the experts with KR experience! :lol:

Surely someone is willing to go pop their bonnet and take a few pictures...?

I'm going back up tomorrow.... anyone???? Anyone at all?

:(

On the g/box end of the engine there are three single connectors. Placed around the outlet pipe. Looking at it, top left is Yellor/Red; bottom left is Green/Red; top right is Blue/White.

The single one 'just round the corner on the back' of the engine is Green/Black and fits the sensor sticking out the back just there.

(There are two earth wires connected to the top of the block just here as well, one is Brown/White and in the same sleeve as the sensor wire, other is Brown and comes down sleeve from the coil area).

The oil cooler has two sensors, front one is Yellow; back one is Blue/Black. There is an unused wire tied back which is Blue/White.

HTH

On the g/box end of the engine there are three single connectors. Placed around the outlet pipe. Looking at it, top left is Yellor/Red; bottom left is Green/Red; top right is Blue/White.

The single one 'just round the corner on the back' of the engine is Green/Black and fits the sensor sticking out the back just there.

(There are two earth wires connected to the top of the block just here as well, one is Brown/White and in the same sleeve as the sensor wire, other is Brown and comes down sleeve from the coil area).

The oil cooler has two sensors, front one is Yellow; back one is Blue/Black. There is an unused wire tied back which is Blue/White.

HTH

helps massively thanks so much :D :D :D

White 2505,

do you have a 2-pin brown connector that fits on the WUR and CSV but isn't actually connected to anything, or is it connected up to something i have missed?