Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Moved to Coventry! Who might i see?...

Iv just moved to Coventry and after only ever running into Jim in Leamington I was wondering how many of you might live in Cov? I havnt seen any corrados since I moved! :(

I live in Rugby have a 2.0 8V on N plate. In Hillmorton area there is a blue VR6 a blue valver and keep seeing white H reg on the Leicester Road so some about

You'll only ever see Tempest in the summer months mate as he takes all of his cars off the road over winter.

I go into Coventry every day as thats where I work, and also go into Cov to visit friends, go shopping etc on a fairly frequent basis! But I hardly ever see Corrado's when I go there.

im in cov alot.. theres also a dubclub meet every wednesday nite that my friends organise...

located in the pizza hut car park @ ricoh arena coventry 8pm onwards..

Im going to be working in leam again so no doubt il see you Jim when im stuck on bloddy gibbit hill!

Theres got to be more people who live in cov!

I live in coventry, dont have a rado yet tho, just a mk4 golf 1.8 20v

didnt know about the dubclub meet mite have to check it out.

aaargh gotta go for a job interview at prodrive 2day, brickin it! :help:

Welcome to Coventry :lol:

You'll see my toys out to play again, when the b*stard winter is over, the weather is warmer, and most importantly when the roads are dry (no rain).

Tempest

I'm from coventry, and ive just got my C back on the road at long last so you will be seeing me around, i do attend the dubclub meet so if your down there come over and say hello, i drive the Flash Red G60 on standard BBS Rims :)

Must give a big shout out to vince from Stealth Racing who sorted my C out after my engine change, its running like a dream :D alltho i did blow the idle screw out yesterday lol not the smartest thing to do in the world has to be said hahaha

i got a sapre 1 from my mate so im still on the road :D

Hope to see more Raddos down at the dubclub meet on a wednesday night.

Deano.

Just seen this post...

Live in Cov and work in Rugby, n the mrs lives in Brum so will be often seen traveling up n down the m6.

I've got a blue Storm, cant believe I didn't know about the Richo meet!

Is this goin on still on?

In that case I will have to pop by and show my face(and car).

Whats the turn out like, have people been put off by the lovely summer we've had this year?

I'm another from Rugby but I work in Coventry, got a dark green metallic G60 with colour coded BBS splits and a few other details, gunna be switching to G60 steels soon for the winter.

Seem to be coming out of the woodworks all of a sudden :lol:

Unfortunately it's whitevan man for me for the next 7 months from today onwards, as I have returned the tax disks for pretty much all my Karmann coupes to the DVLA, since weatherwise October usually doesn't hold out much any more and in November the gritters already come out in full force here in Coventry.

Tempest

Meh. My Corrado has no fear of grit / snow / ice :D It's my daily banger :D

Meh. My Corrado has no fear of grit / snow / ice :D It's my daily banger :D

ditto on that score jim lol

ive still not spotted you around lol

Well, that's very kind of you guys then, to occasionally ferry me around in style, when I'm fed up of thge white vans :lol:

Tempest

Just on the off chance has any1 got any wheels to suit 5 stud for sale.

I seemed to have developed a puncture and have resorted to wheel welding it to get me to work. Its lasted 1 motorway journey but i dont fancy doing too many more lol. Earlest anywhere seems to be able to get the tyre in is 2moro.

Cheers

Nath

There's a big VW breakers in Coventry - VW Sanburns. If you get stuck, worth getting in touch with them on 02476 637376 :)

You are a leg end my friend.

Im sure I will become a regular customer.

Just tried giving them a call but got no answer - probably out breaking cars!

Where abouts are they in Cov?

Cheers again

Lol, I have driven past it so many times on the way to the gym it aint funny. I always thought it was just an idustrial estate.

Nice work Jim.

I've ended up getting a new tyre from a company called Britannia Tyres, not far off Holyhead road. They were the cheapest place i could find and I think I used them ages ago and found they were good.

Cheers

Britannia are a chain, so that's OK, but they are usually quite busy, thanks to loads of radio advertising drawing in the punters. So avoid listening to radio stations like Mercia or TouchFM in Coventry because you'll hear adverts for Britannia every 5 minutes, which does my head in :lol:

Places I go to for tyres are Mr Tyre on Gulson Road and New Tyres to You in Curriers Close in Tile Hill.

Tempest